Happy 7th Birthday!

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Oobles
Site Admin

Happy 7th Birthday!

Post by Oobles »

Every year this time comes around I'm always amazed that the site is still here. And more amazed that the site keeps growing. I do little more than make sure the server keeps running and scan the forums for bad content. It shows what a great community that the site has become. The site receives around 50,000 unique visitors every month. Alexa even ranks us in the top 100,000 web sites, ranking 67,353.

Its also nice to see that through all the years we've managed to keep the forums a great place for developers. Sure its a bit of an exclusive club, but at least the site isn't covered with questions about warez, game cheats or other such subjects. I've got thank all the moderators that do such a great job at keeping the place full or great information. The forums now have over 65,000 posts which is a great resource.

Of course as far as Sony is concerned this site doesn't exist. They see what's going on here but have yet to recognise its existence. I would have liked to co-operate with Sony with the PS3, as its a great combination of keeping games copyrighted while allowing homebrew development. I'd even go as far as splitting the site in two to keep the PS3 area separate from the PSP & PS2 areas, if it meant that there was some communications between Sony and "otheros" developers. I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Anyway.. seven years! A lot has changed over that time. PS2 development is now the old man. PSP development is where its at.. and the PS3 is the baby.

Happy birthday ps2dev.org! If you're new or old to the site, come say hello at this thread here.
Ps3Rips

Post by Ps3Rips »

Well let me be the first to say
Happy B-Day,
Been around before this site even existed. (used to have a differing username - I forgot the password hence the May 2007 join date)
If I remember rightly Ps2Dev in its current state started as a branched off version from another site when the Naplink first got created. ?

Can't quite remember as it was a while back (7 years exactly it would seem) but I think the original one had a much darker background, Napalm?

Anyway once more Happy Birthday. Ps2Dev.Org.
Kicking out a bad guy
Beating up a monster
Fighting against evil
I'll rescue this town
Oobles
Site Admin

Post by Oobles »

I better squash that before it grows legs. The site never had anything to do with Napalm and wasn't branched off anything. Its always been about legal homebrew and its managed to keep that ideal strong from the start to now. It did start under a different domain name, but that's all. I started trying to write something like Naplink with a few people but it didn't get anywhere.

David. aka Oobles.
FaderX

Post by FaderX »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ps2dev, this is the first time ive been around for it bday. lol

homebrew all da way.
namar777

Post by namar777 »

I really love this site, as i'm gearing up to hit ps3 homebrew dev. ( soon next month ! ) i'll be heavily scouting the area ;^)

Thanks for this excellent online research website!!!
jbit
Site Admin

Re: Happy 7th Birthday!

Post by jbit »

Oobles wrote:Of course as far as Sony is concerned this site doesn't exist. They see what's going on here but have yet to recognise its existence. I would have liked to co-operate with Sony with the PS3, as its a great combination of keeping games copyrighted while allowing homebrew development.
I don't think this is quite true.... There are some resident Sony people in the ps2dev.org(ish) #ps3dev channel who try their best to help out. :)

And you're right, it might help having ps3dev.org separate, I think we can all understand why Sony people might want to avoid the PSP forums in particular like the plague.
fungos

Post by fungos »

I'm new to psXdev.org, but I found here the best place with the best people ever. With help of this forums, I was able to get my first homebrew running (psp is amazing!). I just love to be here and to read these forums!

Keep the good work going!

Happy birthday ps2dev!!
Wally

Post by Wally »

this site is now officially old.

Wally
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

I was worried about Oobles when there wasn't an April fools joke on the site.

Glad to see you're still alive. :)
Oobles
Site Admin

Post by Oobles »

I'm glad someone noticed that there wasn't an April fools joke. I did try and think of doing something, but it must be the old age. I was out of ideas. I'll see how I go next year. :)
parkerparker

Post by parkerparker »

Greets,

Happy B'day, i think the only thing is to branch off PS3?!?!. Lurk? no one from sony lurk but look ;-P
Oobles
Site Admin

Post by Oobles »

Well.. after minimal discussion with a few people.. it looks like we're going to create a ps3dev.org for all the ps3 stuff. If you've got some ideas for the site.. reply in:

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=67430#67430

David. aka Oobles.
dom

Post by dom »

Happy Birthday to this great place.
@+
dom
TracerH

Post by TracerH »

Happy Birthday ps2dev.org and thanks to all the people who have helped to make it happen!
cosmito

Post by cosmito »

Thank you Oobles and all the guys that made possible this forums and the sdk tools. And don't forget to take backups of the forums! Sh*t happens just like recently with http://psx-scene.com ;)
willow :--)

Post by willow :--) »

Sorry for the necropost, but happy birthday to this great site !
bootdisk

Post by bootdisk »

I'm new on the ps2dev.org forums but I've often visited the website before.
Love my ps2 and love the psp...

Can I have children with them??? xD Square, Circle, Triangle, Cross = Sex ¿?

Anyway happy birthday PS2DEV.ORG! =)
---------------------------------------------------------
if you wanna survive you better learn how to lie
deardream

Post by deardream »

happy birthday!
jean

Post by jean »

[worried and ashamed] I rarely come out of my "PSP Development" nest, but this is a very good occasion to do so!! Happy birthday!!! ;)

PS: [only ashamed] oh....i didn't see this is several months old...ok, i never killed a party only because it was not supposed to be. So, happy -very late- birthday again!!!
seraulu1

''cutie 28''

Post by seraulu1 »

Hi,
happy birthday,haha super late! learn hypnosis