(split from namco transfer thread)

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Post by Guest »

I am assuming in this topic the point is to learn what can be learned without necessarily breaking the crypto, but doing traffic analysis ? :)
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

You'll notice I stopped once I hit encryption. Although, not because it may lead to bad things but more because I am not really skilled to take it on.
PspPet

Post by PspPet »

[no comment]
Last edited by PspPet on Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Your logic, faulty. Your slope, slippery. Your input on the topic, nonexistant.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

(topic split)
PspPet

Post by PspPet »

[no comment]
Last edited by PspPet on Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

There's several moderators on these forums, each with different ideas of what is safe or not safe to talk about. This is why you're getting mixed messages.

This topic was split off because it was becoming a topic of discussion all its own. There's no abusing of powers here. Abuse would have been locking or deleting it outright.

We're in the process of developing a policy on how to handle these new topics of discussion. In the meantime the ride may be a bit bumpy. Please remain seated.

Post by Guest »

The moderator IMHO is abusing his power to stifle debate on points he does not agree with.
Which moderator ? One, Oopo, is clearly trying to generate discussion so that we are all on the same page of what standards we should follow. I was trying to do the same thing, but getting very little progress, so I started locking the threads, which generated the necessary discussion.

Please note that I waited several days before doing so, so one can't accuse here of stifling debate - the original thread continued while attempts at discussion were created. Then threads became unlocked again (no problem with me, glad we are talking about it :) In both cases, restraint was exercised by the parties involved. How can it be abuse ?
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

PspPet wrote:Ok, my last comment.

The moderator IMHO is abusing his power to stifle debate on points he does not agree with.

Threads are being locked right and left and split off.

Discussing that "encryption" threads are locked because the moderator feels they are illegal, while this discussion may be used for illegal things -- that is right on topic
There is no "The one" moderator, there are several, some are more inclined to think that encryption is a nono than others, and as ooPo said abusing his/hers power would be to delete this thread entirely instead of splitting it in order to have the discussion focused, this is quite comon in large threads that diverge, live with it.
Kung VU