How many (working) Sony game consoles do you have ?

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

How many (working) Sony consoles do you have ?

Zero
No votes
32%
32%
18%
3%
5 or more
15%

Total votes: 34

How many (working) Sony game consoles do you have ?

Post by Guest »

Prompted by another thread where one long-time dev'er mentioned at least 4 ps2's he tests software on (hi! ;) I became curious about how many consoles each person has that are Sony. Should be fun ;)

[only personally owned consoles able to boot and play commercial games should be counted, sorry to those of you with large console cemeteries ;)]
pukko

Post by pukko »

But why should consoles able to boot homebrew (but not commercial) stuff be excluded?
(Isn't that more important :P)
Neovanglist
Site Admin

Post by Neovanglist »

Operational or Non-Operational? :D
Regards,
Neovanglist
cory1492

Post by cory1492 »

(working)

ATM I own 1 v2, 6 V4, 3 V5, 1 V7, 1 V9 and 1 V10
anyone need a console? LOL
ole

Post by ole »

Still have the old PS1(Caetla parallel cable and Serial) hidden somewere and PS2 . Anyway what about other consoles and old HW? I have also Dreamcast (with serial dev cable), Sega MD, Sega MegaCD, Amiga 1200.
Saotome

Post by Saotome »

hey cory, you also plan to build a ps2 cluster? ;D (i have 3 atm)
infj

Post by Guest »

Neovanglist wrote:Operational or Non-Operational? :D
I refer you to the aforementioned word "working" in the text of the poll. ;)

Post by Guest »

ole wrote:Still have the old PS1(Caetla parallel cable and Serial) hidden somewere and PS2 . Anyway what about other consoles and old HW? I have also Dreamcast (with serial dev cable), Sega MD, Sega MegaCD, Amiga 1200.
I refer you to the aforementioned word "Sony" in the text of the poll. ;)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Got a Japanese PSX, a US PSX, and a US PS2. All three work fine, but I haven't used the PSXes since getting the PS2. I have lots of other game consoles of course. One of my favorites I still have setup is a v2 Genesis with the SEGA CD and 32X. I got an RGB cable for it so I can watch it on my 21" Toshiba TIMM in full RGB glory.
mharris

Post by mharris »

I finally had to buy a 2nd one a few months ago -- my son kept wanting to play games on it!! Kids...

He got the new one, and I got the old one with the cranky CD drive tray (from my adventures with the "knife trick" in the pre-exploit days). I found my old Amiga 1000 monitor in the attic (bought new in 1987, IIRC) -- it has a composite video input and fits nicely on my desk (so the damn PS2 reset button is never far away...)
cory1492

Post by cory1492 »

Saotome wrote:hey cory, you also plan to build a ps2 cluster? ;D (i have 3 atm)
Naw, I fix 'em and sell them here and there, sometimes modded, sometimes not. Got a bunch of them for around 15USD a piece w/o wires and controllers and have been using a "frankenstein" method of resurrection.

Post by Guest »

pukko wrote:But why should consoles able to boot homebrew (but not commercial) stuff be excluded?
(Isn't that more important :P)
Well, the real reason for the restriction is not philosphical. I wanted to avoid people to add dead or 1/2 dead ps2's, which might be cheating because many people have large ps2 cemetaries. But I did not want to make the restriction too complicated, so I didn't spend alot of time trying to find every exception.

I was tempted to debate the philosophy of doing homebrew from consoles that cannot boot commercial games (i.e. should a goal of homebrew be to work towards being able to work on as many consoles as possible ?). But my post is already far longer than many people can handle, and I won't have time during this coming month to get involved much in posting :(