Lua Player version 0.16

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Shine

Lua Player version 0.16

Post by Shine »

On http://www.luaplayer.org you can get the new version 0.16. This is only a small bugfix update, because currently I don't have much time for Lua Player, but AdHoc network and an updated Windows version with Socket and TTF support is planned. One new thing is the DNS resolver, now you can write a web browser :-)

The changelog:

v0.16 (all changes for this version by Shine)
================================================
- Wlan:getIPAddress bugfix: now it returns nil on error and the IP address otherwise
- DNS resolving. Now you can write Socket.connect("www.luaplayer.org", 80) instead of Socket.connect("212.227.39.202", 80), thanks to ideas how to use the resolver lib from PSPRadio
- when loading JPEGs, the file was not closed
- System.md5sum bugfixing for the Windows version
- Wlan.useConnectionConfig index is 1 based instead of 0 based, like usual in Lua
- System.powerTick added: this prevents power off, now you can nail your PSP on a wall for your electronic painting :-)
- System.createDirectory, System.removeDirectory and System.removeFile added

The new functions are documented at http://wiki.ps2dev.org/psp:lua_player:functions.
Ferrero

Post by Ferrero »

Hello Shine,

First of all, I must say that you did a great job with LUA player.
But I'm a little bit frustrated because this version of LUA Player doesn't work on a PSP V2.00.

Have you planed to make a release that works under EBOOT Loader for PSP V2.00.

Since the LUA player v0.11 It doesn't work.

If you wand here's the Error I get :

Module attribs 00001000 suggest a kernel-mode app.

and then :

Found suspicious hard path at 089FF0A
ms0:/psp/game/luaplayer/script.lua function dumpDirectory .....

Could we wish a release that works under PSP V2.00 ?

Thanks
Shine

Post by Shine »

Ferrero wrote:But I'm a little bit frustrated because this version of LUA Player doesn't work on a PSP V2.00.
I don't know where the problem is, perhaps you should ask Fanjita, he has written the 2.00 boot loader and he is on this forum, too.
chaos

Post by chaos »

great work, as usual. looking forward to putting this to use soon.
Chaosmachine Studios: High Quality Homebrew.
Arwin

Post by Arwin »

Shine wrote:
Ferrero wrote:But I'm a little bit frustrated because this version of LUA Player doesn't work on a PSP V2.00.
I don't know where the problem is, perhaps you should ask Fanjita, he has written the 2.00 boot loader and he is on this forum, too.
From the looks of some other problems I've been having with Lua Player, the problem seems to be that Fanjita's loader can't properly detect the end of a hard-coded path in a script file (PSP Millionaire does seem to work, and it's using ./ instead, so who knows?)

I don't know how Fanjita's code works in those things, but that seems to be the problem. Sometimes when it lists the path, you get a very long string including a lot of lua code.
frmariam

Post by frmariam »

Lua 0.14/0.15/0.16 all work in Fanjita's EBOOT Loader 0.9 (and some other Lua bellow or special patched also do). 0.15 and 0.16 also run under 0.85 (some ppl preffer it over 0.9 - not me though).

Check my Lua help post over at Fanjita's forum here.

It a runs quite fine (PSP Millionaire must be run from the eboot and NOT Lowser). I also mailed Shine to see if he could do something about the need to "ignorefixedpath=Y" in the loader config to run it in 2.0[/url]
Shine

Post by Shine »

frmariam wrote:It a runs quite fine (PSP Millionaire must be run from the eboot and NOT Lowser). I also mailed Shine to see if he could do something about the need to "ignorefixedpath=Y" in the loader config to run it in 2.0
Looks like there was an old comment from my testings in the boot.lua, I've removed it, I think next revision of Lua Player will work without "ignoreprefixedpath".
Ferrero

Post by Ferrero »

Thanks frmariam, it works great ;-)
Arwin

Post by Arwin »

Ferrero wrote:Thanks frmariam, it works great ;-)
Seconded!