eLoader / eMenu / choice sources?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Paou

eLoader / eMenu / choice sources?

Post by Paou »

Hi,

Ok... I'm fairly new to psp development, but I'm an experienced programmer.

I would like to get the source to eMenu, or one of the other loader menus. (Or perhaps someone can tell me how the loader kicks off new eboots when you select an item)... the reason is:

What I'd like to do is to create a "debugging" eLoader menu, firstly...that is integrated with pspftpd so I can upload new apps while the menu is running. (rebooting my psp ever compile is a pain in the ****) - and I'd also like to add some extra user mode debugging tools to it (i'm on 2.6)

Once this is working, I plan to have an option to try and keep the wifi connection alive (on a seperate thread?) while my homebrew apps are running, so I don't have to keep re-establishing a connection every time I want to upload.

So, any ideas about the source, or how to interface with eLoader to create my own menu system? I looked in readme's and searched here and on google, but no luck...

Many thanks in advance, aplogies if the information is easily available and I just missed it.
Paou

Post by Paou »

Ok,

Just attempting to run my eboot instead of the menu... this works... but.... I get a "couldn't load eboot" error on exit, and then my app reloads....so.... I imagine I just need to return/set the path to the eboot in my app and eLoader runs it on exit?
Zianna123

Post by Zianna123 »

Hi i am trying the same thing.

but opted to integrate ftpd in my eboot, then load the eloader then my eboot

at the bottom of makefile add summing like this,
all: sendftpd.sh

<<>><<>>><<>>

#!/bin/sh
HOST='10.1.10.131'
USER='PSP'
PASSWD='PSP'
FILE='EBOOT.PBP'

ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT
quote USER $USER
quote PASS $PASSWD
cd /PSP/GAME/DEV-EBOOT/
delete EBOOT.PBP
put $FILE
quit
END_SCRIPT
exit 0

i then map x to call a "fake" main2.c which will load my test code...
once i am ready for release just rename main2 to main,,,

it shaves a lot out of testing time
Paou

Post by Paou »

I thought about that too, and am currently implementing exactly the same thing as a starting point....but, sometimes it takes 10-20 seconds to connect to my accesspoint, so I'd like to keep the connection alive between test runs.... plus, it would be a fairly cool app to give back to the community ;)
Zianna123

Post by Zianna123 »