[Final Release] Zorblocks v1.0

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

ZORDAK

[Final Release] Zorblocks v1.0

Post by ZORDAK »

Hi all, i maked a game called zorblock with lua.The game is in english and spanish.

The game consist in clear the screen, removing all the block.If you can remove all and is impossible to continue,
press select to make a new board or press start to choose another difficult level.

The movement of the block are always down and left, check image ayuda-help.png for better understand.

Using rotation have a penalty of -500 points.If you clear the screen without using rotation points i will bonify you with 2x points.

To clear blocks at least have to be 2, clearing more blocks at same time will multiply the score for clearing block.

The 3 first levels can be cleared without rotation, the 4º is more difficult but i think its possible.The last 2 i think they are
impossible to clear without rotation.If someone can, notify us XD

You can find more information in the txt file.

A screen
Download the game HERE

I hope you enjoy and sorry for my english :P.

Dont use the luaplayer 0.16 is slow for this game, im using the same eboot (Luaplayer) of luatris (i think is 0.12 but im not sure) if someone want use this on 1.0 they need to download the 1.0 eboot in luatris.

:D

P.D: Im working on the savescores for 0.2.
Last edited by ZORDAK on Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JetSpike

Post by JetSpike »

Looks good, I need to download and try it out.

I've been working on a LUA game almost exactly like this. I have a question for you:

Are the levels pre-defined, or are they randomly generated? (I would guess they are pre-defined)
ZORDAK

Post by ZORDAK »

All are random, difficult is determinated by the number of colors.
ZORDAK

Post by ZORDAK »

Here is the 1.0 version, i think is the last version.

I added:

-Save and show records
-Battery status
-Better score system
-Some new graphics

Download HERE

Now with the 1.5 and 1.0 eboots.

Bye.
pspfan.

Post by pspfan. »

Can you just provide the LUA script for the new version, because it's not working this time. I get a script error. I'm on 2.0, using the eboot loader. I tried using the eboots and using luaplayer (v14 i think) to browse to the script but it doesnt work. Also, the 1.0 folder is the same as the 1.5 folder even though it shouldnt be.
ZORDAK

Post by ZORDAK »

Last version is here.Im using the eboot of 0.11.I think is the fastest.

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?p=390107#post390107

With the 0.16 eboots all are relentized i dont know why.

Copy all the files except the eboots on both folders and try diferents versions of lua.

If you only want the script is in the folders, script.lua.

Bye
pspfan.

Post by pspfan. »

Still doesn't work. It says there's an error on line 67 Image.load doesn't work because it can't find that image. If you could get this working that'd be awesome because I think it's very fun.
ZORDAK

Post by ZORDAK »

what fw version are u using? is a problem of fw for sure, if you are using 1.5 it work fine.

I cant test it with 2.x, sorry.