Wordingo (formerly LUA Scrabble)

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

fullerlee

Wordingo (formerly LUA Scrabble)

Post by fullerlee »

This is a preview release of Wordingo (formerly LUA Scrabble).

This is the final release before I add AI functionality (it will currently support 1-4 human players).

http://psplua.com/modules/uploader/inde ... go03p2.zip

Please feel free to post feedback.

Thanks,

Lee

Updated to version 0.3p.1
The loading time on a real PSP has been greatly reduced.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Great work on this, I left a comment on the psp updates site for you with some feedback, but thought it might be more appropriate here.

First off let me tell you what a great job you've done with this app. My wife and I spent a few hours waiting for a live band to play and I just happened to have my psp with me and we ended up playing wordingo the entire time and between sets!

One thing that we did notice was that when you use the wild card (blank) tiles, the scoring system substitues the letter you chose with [ making the word invalid and thus not scoring.

It's got a few quirks, had it crash on me a few times and I'll try to repeat that and get error messages and such for you if you wish. One thing that might be helpful for new players is a set of basic rules that explain what the various colored tiles mean. It had been awhile since we played scrabble and couldn't remember :P

Thanks for the work you've put into this, keep it up!
fullerlee

Post by fullerlee »

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like Wordingo.

I'm almost ready to make another release, with many (many) changes.

- I've almost finished work on an AI player (I'm currently working on making him a bit worse of a player).

- I've fixed the word lookup for blank tiles, and also added scoring info for the coloured tiles.

There are other fixes & features, but I can't remember what else exactly.

I'll hopefully have the new version out some time this week.

Lee
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Sounds great, looking foward to it :)