PMP Mod V1.02 / small mods

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Just wanted to inform you guys that I found out why playtime display isn't showing correctly on some videos. It's because malloc used the absolute correct way of calculating the fps rate from the libavcodec headers. These seem to be wrong for some encodings however. I'll change the code so it will calculate frametime like I did in the file list, by using the information of the pmp container. So as long as the container information is correct, this bug should then be fixed.

I also fixed the timezone bug and am currently tracking some memory leaks I found. So wait up for a bugfix release soon :)

@alexmae:
I'm thinking about complete skinning control for the final version, even though I'm not sure on this yet. However, even if not, it will definitely have transparency for the filelist (I think you mean the background to be visible behind the fonts?), as I'll anyway have to add a graphical font in some way to be more flexible with the placement and also have different sizes.
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

Good work Raphael =)
Guide/tutorial for converting DVD (and other normal files) to PMP at best quality possible (works for me) avoiding the usual audio stuttering and ghosting problems.

http://maxt.dk/archives/2006/02/01/dvd-to-psp/
csuper

Post by csuper »

Hye boys and girl !

I would like to know if you have think to add to the PMP MOD : an inside PSP turnOff/turnOn "edit: sleep" capabilities... because actually, we have to exit PMP Mod to turnOff the PSP... ?

Anyway, Great MOD !

csuper.
Last edited by csuper on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------
Now using PMP Mod 1.02 with some nice FPS gain with my slow SONY MS...
Thanx Jonny ! & Malloc ! & Raphael !
TestType

Post by TestType »

No, you can turn off your PSP anywhere, anytime. It's the sleep function you're reffering to. When you push the power button quickly upwards it will not turn off, you'll have to hold it for several seconds for a complete power off. But it seems fewer and fewer people know about this, making it especially annoying when somebody starts screaming that their PSP has been bricked when all they have to do is hold the power button up for about 10 seconds. And people suggest too often that you pop out the battery, which is completely unnecessary in any situation.

But I agree, it would be nice to be able to put it to sleep and return to PMP, but it's not necessary.
PSP: Japanese Firmware 1.0 :: 1gb SanDisk Memory Stick
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

Hi,
there seems to be major advancement with official PMPMod 1.02.
I have encoded the FFVII PS3 tech demo from DVD source to PMP using Miemt tool.
When played on small mods M4.01 , there are huge stuttering of the sound during passages with high bitrate for video.
But with 1.02, NO MORE SKIPPING! It plays perfectly now.
And did i mention that it's in 29.9 FPS with bitrate 850!

I hope that the core of 1.02 can go into M4.02 without the skipping sound.
If need be, i can post my ffvii PMP, just le me know ;)

Later,

Alcahest
psp360

Post by psp360 »

Alcahest yes, please post your file. Would like to give it a run. Thanks[/b]
jo2k

Post by jo2k »

Raphael: When the external power is unplugged, the remaining battery time display flashes to some weird "-445634" number then corrects itself after 1 or 2 sec.

and sure u know 1.02 is out. :D
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Here is the waited for malloc MOD+GUI version of jonnys latest 1.02 PMPMOD.
This is version PMPMOD M4.02g3, thus contains all mods from mallocs M4 plus a bugfixed g3 GUI version with these fixes:

- Timezone bug fixed, time is now displayed correctly in file list
- Battery Time display bug after unplugging the power cable fixed
- Playtime display bug with some videos in infobar fixed (Silent Hill Trailer of jo2k)
- Fixed malloc_64 bug not allowing some videos to play on GUI version
- Fixed 0-size POS file creation bug
- Fixed color display bug when exchanging mallocs infobar interface with a non greyscale version
- increased responsiveness of the filelist, but lowered responsiveness of the triangle button for playlist add/remove because it was too easily double triggered
- Added a counter for number of playlist items

Thanks to malloc for merging my M4g2 code with jonnys 1.02 :) so I could concentrate on the actual fixes.

Binary
Source

Enjoy :)

@csuper:
I'll try to find a way to go into sleep mode, but I have no idea yet how to do this. It's on my todo for next version :)
Itaintrite

Post by Itaintrite »

Great work guys. Thanks.
argandona

Post by argandona »

@Raphael:

I posted this @pspupdates:

There's something wrong with the time display, my time is 23:51 (24hr clock, daylight saving time), and in PMPmod I get -0:51.

I'm using your latest build (M4g3).
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

@argandona:
That's weird. Is this wrong time showing only in file list or in file list and infobar while playing a video?
psp360

Post by psp360 »

@Raphael

thanks for all the hard work.
argandona

Post by argandona »

Only in filelist, infobar is fine.
jo2k

Post by jo2k »

Raphael: what argandona means is the time zone bug is YET to be fixed - mine says -0:47AM while it's actually 7:47PM
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Ok, I reuploaded a fixed version. Please tell me if the time is now correct.
Thanks for the fast report guys :)
argandona

Post by argandona »

It worked, the time now displays correctly.

Good job!
therock003

Post by therock003 »

thanx alot for the new version raphael.

I just tested it,and here are my opinions/suggestions:

-Sensitivity on the triangle could be lowered even more i think,cause it still checks/unchecks fast some times.

-Scrolling files is really fast,i suggest we use the dpad to browse slowly and the stick to navigate at the current speed in order to move faster.

-Arranging place in playlist (1/3,2/3,3/3) is way to fast,and i really mean way too fast,in order to change the order to 1/n you must press the L/R trigger so little that you don't even leave a fingerprint for the csi to lift.
csuper

Post by csuper »

@all :
Wonderful job :) to u guys !
Yummy.... !

csuper.
Last edited by csuper on Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
reveine

Post by reveine »

Raphael, your mod rockz!!! Thank you so much!!!
ヽ(`ー`)ノエルメス
..(__)__
|電車男|~~
◎ ̄ ̄ ̄◎ ころころ~
So Solid Jedi

Post by So Solid Jedi »

Great work malloc, Raphael and argandona, i just have one query though, for some reason when i set the brightness and volume, it doe'snt save them as when i reboot the psp it goes back to default settings, is there any way to save these settings? I am using the current build v1.02 (M4g3).

Edit: Nevermind, i just realised it stores the settings to the particular video, sweet.

Great Work Guys!
pegasus

hello

Post by pegasus »

Great work Raphael! Actually I have a request from you, actually a small request.. I have lots of Music Videos, (probably others too!) and your playlist feature is a great help. However, my request is can you restart every videos under playlist? coz it doesnt look cool when you are playing videos halfway already... you know what i mean, that POS file that are generated and read even under playlist.. I think that the POS file is necessasry only in playing one file at a time.. you wouldnt want playlisting a 2hr movie would you? XD.
If it is much work.. just 4get it XD
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

It's already possible, just press O button to start playblack instead of X, and all POS files will be ignored and the movie(s) started from the beginning :) (However, new POS files will be written when you stop a movie)
toker#

Post by toker# »

Thank you for all your hard work. This mod with 1.02 is awesome.
pegasus

hello

Post by pegasus »

wow i did'nt know that.. hehe i thought X and O are the same! :P
tnx
Sorted

Post by Sorted »

You guys TOTALLY ROCK!!

My trips to work are so much better since PMP MOD and all the xtras that have been added

SERWEET! :)
wooolF

Post by wooolF »

Great work Raphael =) Keep on goin' ;)
Guide/tutorial for converting DVD (and other normal files) to PMP at best quality possible (works for me) avoiding the usual audio stuttering and ghosting problems.

http://maxt.dk/archives/2006/02/01/dvd-to-psp/
leonh

Post by leonh »

This is a great mod Raphael!

I have one problem though. I get this message after playing a bunch of videos:
Error:
"pmp_play_open: sceKernelCreateThread failed on output_thread"
Press X
I did some more tests and this occurs exactly after playing 5 videos (so when I try to play my 6th one, it will come up with that message).

Could it be that each thread is not being destroyed after playing a video properly? I'm on the original 1.0JP firmware if that makes any difference.

(btw, I don't get this problem when using Jonny's version.)
csuper

Post by csuper »

argandona wrote:Moviemenu graphics updated with battery status, audio and brightness controls.

Juste a stupid question...

Is this front-end is already implemented in a modified version ??
(the blue bar below the image...)
Because it's Eye-Candy !! :)

Anyway... Great Mod, guys !
imutau

Post by imutau »

The above is not implimented. I think i would be the ideal build but its not done yet and I believe is being worked on.