Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

Okay, jeez Chilly Willy, don't need to get all mad. So what are you planning now? Bug fixes?
My PSP's Firmware:
5.00 M33-6 w/ LEDA 0.2

My PSP's Motherboard:
TA-088

My PSP's Model:
PSP-2001 (Slim)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

dennis96411 wrote:Okay, jeez Chilly Willy, don't need to get all mad. So what are you planning now? Bug fixes?
Not mad, just laying down the law before it gets out of hand. :)

I found some newer code for B2 that I'm now using as the base. It doesn't seem to fix anything, and most of the changes in this newer code are all aimed at the x86 Mac OSX. However, it may fix something somewhere. I'll probably make another release with this new code base sometime in the next week as 1.1.1. I'll be adding the widescreen resolutions to it for that release as well.
lubanek

Post by lubanek »

pleas send mi duke nuked 3d im not search nowhere
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

lubanek wrote:pleas send mi duke nuked 3d im not search nowhere
There you go! You'll not only find Duke Nukem, but almost every game known to man!
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

Hmm... Clueless.
Last edited by dennis96411 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
My PSP's Firmware:
5.00 M33-6 w/ LEDA 0.2

My PSP's Motherboard:
TA-088

My PSP's Model:
PSP-2001 (Slim)
jas0nuk

Post by jas0nuk »

dennis: Hilarious. I think everyone knows by now. Pls2stop stupid posts in this topic <_<
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Okay, here's test 21. This forms the base for v1.1.1.

Changes:

Uses newer code base. Haven't found anything that fixes, but who knows?

Added two new Mac resolutions: 640x360 and 768x432. These are 16:9 modes for people who use the LCD or HDTVs. Note that the first one has a height less than 384... you'll find the bottoms of some windows/dialogs cut off because of that. For example, the Monitors & Sounds control panel. That's why I didn't give 480x272 as a resolution... the issue is even worse. Most things will be fine, but if you find something that doesn't fit, move up to 768x432.

MediaFire
binary
source

SendSpace
binary
source
RyanfromtheShire

Post by RyanfromtheShire »

Another great release jf. I'll have to test this out later! Glad to see you're still at it!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

And test 22. :D

Changes:

Made pspirkeyb files relative to the B2 directory. It's probably why some people couldn't get the IR keyboard to work - they didn't have the proper files in the seplugins directory. Now they don't need to worry about it. The files are now in the b2 directory and included with the program. It IS set to Palm, so if you have another keyboard, you'll need to edit the pspirkeyb.ini file. I've verified this works and that the IRDA.prx is loaded by B2 on a Phat running 4.01 M33-2.

Compiled program with functions aligned to 64 bytes. This makes the program about 100 KB bigger, and about 6% faster.

MediaFire
binary
source

SendSpace
binary
source
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

Awesome! So the code it's different? Is it really faster? I don't really notice anything, but good job! Can you add the old resolution from the BasiliskPSP by ChaosKnight? Just like to see the classic. Ahh... You did a very good job! I love this program, now my PSP is less boring. What happened to the good old days when thousands of homebrews release in one day? I want a PSP slim T.T T.T Sorry for getting off topic :P
My PSP's Firmware:
5.00 M33-6 w/ LEDA 0.2

My PSP's Motherboard:
TA-088

My PSP's Model:
PSP-2001 (Slim)
GG-Xtreme

Post by GG-Xtreme »

J.F. wrote:And test 22. :D

Changes:

Made pspirkeyb files relative to the B2 directory. It's probably why some people couldn't get the IR keyboard to work - they didn't have the proper files in the seplugins directory. Now they don't need to worry about it. The files are now in the b2 directory and included with the program. It IS set to Palm, so if you have another keyboard, you'll need to edit the pspirkeyb.ini file. I've verified this works and that the IRDA.prx is loaded by B2 on a Phat running 4.01 M33-2.

Compiled program with functions aligned to 64 bytes. This makes the program about 100 KB bigger, and about 6% faster.

MediaFire
binary
source

SendSpace
binary
source
For whatever reason, I cannot get this version to work. I've tried both download links, but the EBOOT shows up as 'Corrupted Data' on my PSP.
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

GG-Xtreme wrote:

Changes:

MediaFire
binary
source

SendSpace
binary
source
For whatever reason, I cannot get this version to work. I've tried both download links, but the EBOOT shows up as 'Corrupted Data' on my PSP.
Here, just download this EBOOT I uploaded and put it in the BasiliskPSP directory: http://www.sendspace.com/file/kdujzs
My PSP's Firmware:
5.00 M33-6 w/ LEDA 0.2

My PSP's Motherboard:
TA-088

My PSP's Model:
PSP-2001 (Slim)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

GG-Xtreme wrote:

Changes:

MediaFire
binary
source

SendSpace
binary
source
Archive and app are both verified good. You should test the zip to make sure you downloaded it correctly. If the zip tests fine, then there's a problem unzipping the file on your system, which means the problem is your system, not the app.
RyanfromtheShire

Anymore luck with networking, or are you not working on it?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

RyanfromtheShire wrote:Anymore luck with networking, or are you not working on it?
Not working on it. If I get more info about doing raw sockets on the PSP, I will.
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

What the hell? The program just got stucked, so I exit it out, and now I got this whenever I boot:

Image[/img]
My PSP's Firmware:
5.00 M33-6 w/ LEDA 0.2

My PSP's Motherboard:
TA-088

My PSP's Model:
PSP-2001 (Slim)
RyanfromtheShire

Go to the basilisk forums. This is for the PSP port.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

If you were confirming that something failed on the Windows version the same as the PSP version, that would be fine for here, but we really can't help with getting it set up and running in the first place. That would be best handled on a site handling the Windows version.
Dark_fang

raw socket

Post by Dark_fang »

if im not mistaken... Links2 webrowser might have raw sockets search links 2 @ qj for source
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
Dark_fang

raw socket

Post by Dark_fang »

i think i saw sumwhere it run on win 32 or old kinda mac internet browser good luck
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
J.F.

Re: raw socket

Post by J.F. »

Dark_fang wrote:if im not mistaken... Links2 webrowser might have raw sockets search links 2 @ qj for source
Just checked... it uses stream sockets, not raw sockets.
GG-Xtreme

Post by GG-Xtreme »

Nvm, it was a problem with the laptop I was using (any USB transfers), I've got it working now.
Dark_fang

raw socket

Post by Dark_fang »

well it was worth a try
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
RyanfromtheShire

Someone needs to tell qj.net to stop releasing your tests.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

RyanfromtheShire wrote:Someone needs to tell qj.net to stop releasing your tests.
Don't worry about it. It's not like I'm trying to keep anything a secret. I just don't support the tests anywhere but here. If someone wants help on the emu, they'll have to get the "official" release from one of the proper forum threads (at exophase or maxconsole) and ask there.

DCemu and EmuHQ have also posted every time I've posted a test build here, so it's not just QJ. Things seem "slow" in the scene to some folks right now, so lots of things (like test builds) are being posted about that you wouldn't have seen before.
Moneyslap03

Post by Moneyslap03 »

do you have any hook ups that can help with the raw socketing for ethernet service
Dark_fang

"why its raw sockets my dear wattson"

Post by Dark_fang »

ok i found this site that talks about raw sockets and it made a demo and it has a src but u have to register to use it http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/UDP_Traceroute.aspx now this is when i come in i downloaded it and uploaded it here> qshare.com/get/295981/traceroute_src.zip.html its 8kb p.s did it all w/my psp and check out post rpl subject "chiaousu"!
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

I already know how to use raw sockets in general. I even made a test app for the PSP, but it doesn't work. What I need is something specific to the PSP. This is the sort of thing you'd find in the code of a wifi sniffer or something similar.
Dark_fang

Post by Dark_fang »

well there is a psp app called wifi sniffer
I m go>
<BOaRd --- jumpina-like
jas0nuk

Post by jas0nuk »

Yeah, but it just uses the SCE api to get a list of access points. There's nothing magical like packet sniffing going on there. :P