PMP(PSP Media Player)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

repdetect2

Many Thanks

Post by repdetect2 »

jonny,

let me start off by saying I am the typical lurker, usually don't post much, just read and watch things develop. But that changed today, I had to register and say thank you so much for making the one thing I wanted most on my PSP possible.

Can't wait for the next release, and to encode my own videos. Thanks again sir...
artik

Post by artik »

jonny wrote:More details/tips about video/audio encoding will go with the first player release
Oh god oh god .......
bdpuk

Post by bdpuk »

i am a tiny bit confused by which is the latest version. on some sites they host pmp mod 0.02, whereas some host pmp 0.6 . which one is the latest, or the best out?
also 2.0 hack isn't kernal,so i assume this program wouldn't work

also, is there a program to lower the resolution of an avi file to speed up playback?
Last edited by bdpuk on Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
imutau

Just a few Questions

Post by imutau »

Hi I loved the demo and give thanks to you and anyone who was involved in such a great project. Its been long overdue (FREAKIN sony!) Just a few questions if you don't mind and sorry if it's already been asked before. If it has someone just direct me to the page its on.

First off how long did it take to encode the trailer?
What was the original size versus the encoded demo size if any?

You mentioned you might make software available to encode files? Is that still in the works?

I understand your "no questions policy" where information will be given when you are ready, so I don't expect a reply anytime too soon or if you can't not at all I was just was curious.

Lastly thanks again this is probably one of the most anticipated projects for most PSP users, on par (IMHO) to the work Fanjita and others are doing with cracking the 2.0 barrier.
miemt11

Post by miemt11 »

To Jonny and JiniCho

have you consider of adding aacPlus v2 audio codecs in the future program
Wraggster

Post by Wraggster »

I would like to report to you that the pspupdates site are charging people for a mirror of your release on their site ---> http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Media-Player-Demo- ... /catid/140

Homebrew should always be free, i hope you will respond and condemn this action in the strongest way possible,
Webmaster of http://www.dcemu.co.uk

DCEMU The Worlds Only Homebrew & Gaming Network of Sites.
digihoe

Post by digihoe »

Wraggster wrote:I would like to report to you that the pspupdates site are charging people for a mirror of your release on their site ---> http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Media-Player-Demo- ... /catid/140

Homebrew should always be free, i hope you will respond and condemn this action in the strongest way possible,
Price==Free ? It downlods just fine
JoshDB

Post by JoshDB »

I'll try to get it mirrored soon.
Seek

Post by Seek »

digihoe wrote:Price==Free ? It downlods just fine
It wasn't free a short while ago. When I looked last night they were charging $.11 for the download.
Wraggster

Post by Wraggster »

yes they were obviously tipped off, i do urge all developers to keep a close eye on the situation.
Webmaster of http://www.dcemu.co.uk

DCEMU The Worlds Only Homebrew & Gaming Network of Sites.
Itaintrite

Post by Itaintrite »

Yup, I posted 2 comments regarding this. Both were deleted. 'Removed by author' my ass :) Well, good that it's free now.
GiBBz

Post by GiBBz »

11c for something that u cant even use your own video on, thats pitiful.

as always much than to JiniCho and jonny
(+.[____]·:·)
jonny

Post by jonny »

there is no limit on how much people can be dishonest.
pspupdates, free stuff must remain free. i'll go deeply inside this if such things happen again on next releases.
Matrixdub

Post by Matrixdub »

bdpuk wrote:i am a tiny bit confused by which is the latest version. on some sites they host pmp mod 0.02, whereas some host pmp 0.6 . which one is the latest, or the best out?

also, is there a program to lower the resolution of an avi file to speed up playback?
Virtualdubmod is my favourite windows tool for resizing avis (after avisynth but that's only for intermediate use).

Any further questions regarding anythone other than the coding of PMP please PM me as I do not want to clutter this thread.

Thank you, and Jonny and JiniCho and all others spending their own time coding this beautiful application.
JustWontTell

Post by JustWontTell »

Wraggster, once again your biased opinion of that site overlooked the truth. It was an honest mistake on their part. I talked to a moderator of that site earlier that day and he stated that all PSP homebrew will be free, the larger downloads like the game demos will be charged for at a minimal price for it being a fast download.

So, if I were you, I would clarify on your site, that the site does not charge for homebrew, that millisecond you saw it was either a mistake, or something in which they were chaning to the free status with that site, you don't know, so do not assume otherwise.
bdpuk

Post by bdpuk »

Matrixdub wrote:
bdpuk wrote:i am a tiny bit confused by which is the latest version. on some sites they host pmp mod 0.02, whereas some host pmp 0.6 . which one is the latest, or the best out?

Virtualdubmod is my favourite windows tool for resizing avis (after avisynth but that's only for intermediate use).

Any further questions regarding anythone other than the coding of PMP please PM me as I do not want to clutter this thread.

Thank you, and Jonny and JiniCho and all others spending their own time coding this beautiful application.
thanks for the help, i have to wait until i get a bigger memory stick, but once i do i'll resize etc. you guys are doing a great job! also i will try not to clutter...
jonny

Post by jonny »

@Pit0711 and dot_blank, why usb ?
Pit0711

Post by Pit0711 »

jonny wrote:@Pit0711 and dot_blank, why usb ?
why not? :-)

with usb its easier to test various bitrates and codecs.
jonny

Post by jonny »

ok i see :)
dnnsmanace

Post by dnnsmanace »

Hoping for a PMP holidays surprise! :)
GiBBz

Post by GiBBz »

dnnsmanace wrote:Hoping for a PMP holidays surprise! :)
arnt we all ;)
jonny

Post by jonny »

i hope this too :p :)
bradskins

Post by bradskins »

i was wondering, was this trailer in the demo version ever released in a UMD? I dont mean to flame, it just that when something looks too good to be true it usually is. Could this just be the PMF player striped down with a UMD-ripped preview?

hopefully someone can confrm that it is not what i think it is.....
jonny

Post by jonny »

people not having the technical knowledge to verify this for themself should avoid this type of "paranoidal" comments.
bradskins, you should always remember that here there are developers, go to write such things in a place where i'm not able read the next time.
no reply is welcome
GiBBz

Post by GiBBz »

bradskins wrote:i was wondering, was this trailer in the demo version ever released in a UMD? I dont mean to flame, it just that when something looks too good to be true it usually is. Could this just be the PMF player striped down with a UMD-ripped preview?

Hey it's comments like this that make me worry about the public not seeing PMP v1.0, please don't speak negatively about the author of this awesome FREE application, its only a hobby don't forget Jonny is not required to make this at all.

Keep up the great work jonny try not to let the negative comments get you down I wait anxiously for this great piece of software.

Thanx also to JiniCho for getting us where we are today, if not for him there may not have been a PMP.
itpsp

Post by itpsp »

bradskins wrote:i was wondering, was this trailer in the demo version ever released in a UMD? I dont mean to flame, it just that when something looks too good to be true it usually is. Could this just be the PMF player striped down with a UMD-ripped preview?

Why do you care ? If you think that demo is fake then don't even bother to use it. We don't need people like you who contribute nothing but complain about developers' hardwork. Go home, this is not the place for you.
dnnsmanace

Post by dnnsmanace »

That should be a compliment, because jonny's stuff is so high quality!
bradskins

Post by bradskins »

itpsp wrote:

Why do you care ? If you think that demo is fake then don't even bother to use it. We don't need people like you who contribute nothing but complain about developers' hardwork. Go home, this is not the place for you.
At least i was being polite, maybe next time i will say "please dont take offence" instead of "i dont mean to flame," so all you wolves looking for an opportunity to vent anger wont jump on me. You can all probably agree that certain people have strengths over others, nobody told johnny to go home when he used that girl for a background in the first release, did they? No, actually Argandona and Zacay just politely submitted some nice graphics knowing johnny was in need. I wouldnt want to be the one to tell Argandona or Zacay to go home for such a silly thing like them not understanding code, or not understanding why the movie file in the DEMO wont play in DIVx or in PMF player.
Itaintrite

Post by Itaintrite »

^^^ If you'd actually read this thread before asking your question, you'd have known why they're in PMP format. You're just a doubter. I bet the bells never rang for you :P
jonny

Post by jonny »

maybe next time i will say "please dont take offence" instead of "i dont mean to flame"
i'm sorry but you can't write something like: "sorry, i don't want to flame but can someone confirm jonny is not a lamer?" and expect everyone be nice with you.
this is the point, if you can't understand this it's not my problem.
@all: let's stop this discussion now please