Galuaxians

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

antiroC

Galuaxians

Post by antiroC »

Hey all - first post here.

Currently I am developing my first game using Luaplayer, called Galuaxians, it's a space shooty game.

Still loads to do, but here is a wip screenshot:

The main problem I have at the minute is the collision detection routine. It works, but is not very accurate. Otherwise things are going pretty well I think...
LuMo

Post by LuMo »

guess you use collision detection via distance vectors (most things seem to be like circles, which would make it quite easy without a lot of calculations...)
looks nice by now
greets
Lumo, who is ill :(
antiroC

Post by antiroC »

OK, finally got this done. Here are a couple of new screenshots:

The intro screen:

Ingame screen:

You can get the game from here

Currently only made a proper version for v1.5. I'll do a version for 1.0 if there is a need for it....
Shine

Post by Shine »

antiroC wrote:Currently only made a proper version for v1.5. I'll do a version for 1.0 if there is a need for it....
No problem, it works with the latest Lua Player, too, when copying the Gal directory to the Applications directory and renaming the startup script :-) The game looks really professional!

One improvement idea: When your ship was destroyed, it would be nice if the ship is undestroyable for some time.
antiroC

Post by antiroC »

Hey Shine, glad you like it :)

You're right about the invincible ship thing - I had a game tonight and got killed before I could move out the way - for the first time ever.

Funny how these things never come to light before release.......