Connect, a new game.

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

JEK

Connect, a new game.

Post by JEK »

Here is my second try at making a game in Lua.

Here it is

How to play:
Connect all squares horizontally or vertically.
Press X on top of a green square and connect it to another square over, under, left or right by pressing X on that to.
Level is cleared when all green squares have been connected.

Keys:
Cross=Select square
Circle=Restart level
Square=Next level (Only after clearing a level)
Triangle=Instructions on/off
Last edited by JEK on Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
JEK
flattspott

Post by flattspott »

That's sweet looking man, and here i thought you made some ugly Connect 4 type of game
RaiderX

Post by RaiderX »

WOW!! I REALLY like this game! GREAT work! Now I just gotta say how sweet this would be on DJSP! U GOTTA make this for DJSP!!
rmedtx

Post by rmedtx »

Jek,
I did some graphic updates to your game. I hope you don't mind. Here are the graphics I made for it. I don't have my PSP with me right now so I cannot test them. Can you please check them out and let me know what you think.

Icon:

Background:

Select:

Mark:

Blank:
JEK

Post by JEK »

rmedtx wrote:Jek,
Can you please check them out and let me know what you think.
Hi rmedtx.
The Mark and Blank images are very cool, I like them alot.
But the Background has too many colours so the blue gradient gets a little chopped up.
If you can optimize it for 256 colors where the gradient is smooth, it will look great.
--
JEK
Shine

Post by Shine »

JEK wrote:If you can optimize it for 256 colors where the gradient is smooth, it will look great.
This won't help. You have 15 bits color, which means 32768 different colors, but currently only the highest 5 bits of every color component are used, which means gradients are only possible with 64 different colors per color component. I don't know a real solution for this problem (only to change the Lua Player to support 888 pixel format, which needs some time), but you can add a bit noise to your gradients to to make it look better.
rmedtx

Post by rmedtx »

JEK wrote:
rmedtx wrote:Jek,
Can you please check them out and let me know what you think.
Hi rmedtx.
The Mark and Blank images are very cool, I like them alot.
But the Background has too many colours so the blue gradient gets a little chopped up.
If you can optimize it for 256 colors where the gradient is smooth, it will look great.
I lowered the number of colors to 64, Please let me know if this one works.

rmedtx

Post by rmedtx »

Shine wrote:
JEK wrote:If you can optimize it for 256 colors where the gradient is smooth, it will look great.
This won't help. You have 15 bits color, which means 32768 different colors, but currently only the highest 5 bits of every color component are used, which means gradients are only possible with 64 different colors per color component. I don't know a real solution for this problem (only to change the Lua Player to support 888 pixel format, which needs some time), but you can add a bit noise to your gradients to to make it look better.
Thanks for the info Shine. ;)
I lowered the number of colors to 64.
Kojote

Post by Kojote »

The main graphic could need a touch more style. You should find a nice font for "Game by ..." and "Graphics by ...". But that's just my opinion :) The game itself seems to be very interesting... too bad I don't have money for a PSP and probably I will never buy one at all...
Kojote
Webmaster of PDroms & Retroguru