PSPTed - PSP Text Editor

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

drpollo

PSPTed - PSP Text Editor

Post by drpollo »

I have coded a simple text editor called PSPTed. Right now supports only the most basic functions, but is a start. You can load/save text files and modify them with some care. The character input is made with the analog pad and trigger buttons.

It's in process of being registered in sourceforge. While it's accepted, if anyone wants the code I can send it by mail, just drop me a line.

Alberto Cuesta
alcueca(at)inf.upv.es
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

Any chance you can make this compatible with the keyboard drivers that were made? If not, I'll drop you an email and see what I can do.
drpollo

Post by drpollo »

I don't think shouldn't be any problem in supporting USB keyboards, as the main program doesn't care where the characters came from. Can you give me a link so I can see which drivers are you talking about and get some background?

Alberto
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

Here you go:

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2926

The program, at least the first release of it, used a buffer(as it was called and as it seemed from my observations) to put the characters onto the screen. I tried to make it save this upon exit (thus making a very simple text editor) but the program got errors and when it didn't get errors on compile, it wouldn't even run on the PSP. If you can send your source code to F9zDark at gmail dot com then perhaps I can see what I can do.
drpollo

hosted at sourceforge.net

Post by drpollo »

The guys at sourceforge have confirmed the PSPTed project, so now anyone can download the latest version or ask in the forums here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pspted/

As always, any commentary would be appreciated (even if it's to blame my inexperience coding in C, provided you help me to learn more).

Alberto