Snake 2 released

Discuss using and improving Lua and the Lua Player specific to the PSP.

Moderators: Shine, Insert_witty_name

gandalf the grey

Snake 2 released

Post by gandalf the grey »

Thought I@d change the topic so that more people would find out about the new release of snake, download here:
http://www.frank-buss.de/tmp/snake.zip

Well thought I might post this so people can try out the new level until Shines comes out with the new version(hopefully with level select) This time it is desert and the snake is now blue and collects apples and scorpions instead of flies.
To use you will need Snake in lua format and replace all the images in the folder with these:
Right-Click save as[/url]
Last edited by gandalf the grey on Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fly you fools...
DiabloTerrorGF

Post by DiabloTerrorGF »

Your bored waiting for the new update, yes? And the background pic is nice too.
gandalf the grey

DiabloTerrorGF wrote:Your bored waiting for the new update, yes? And the background pic is nice too.
Yeah, I sent the new artwork over to shine a few days ago and still nothing :p
I think he said he would try to get it done over the weekend :)
Fly you fools...
Shine

Post by Shine »

You can download the new snake game for Lua Player at http://www.frank-buss.de/tmp/snake.zip

Place the snake directory in the Applications folder, if you are using Lowser, or copy all files to the main directory, where EBOOT.PBP is, and rename index.lua to script.lua. Will be included in the next release of Lua Player, this is a preview. Instead of using an extra screen for the options, I've used a black overlay on top of the current background, so you can select the level and see it immediatly in the background.

@Gandalf: Would be nice, if you could create a small image for the options overlay (250x88 pixels, but you can use alpha values, but only full opaque or full transparent). I think text should be written by the program, because then it can be localized later more easyly.
gandalf the grey

Shine wrote:You can download the new snake game for Lua Player at http://www.frank-buss.de/tmp/snake.zip

Place the snake directory in the Applications folder, if you are using Lowser, or copy all files to the main directory, where EBOOT.PBP is, and rename index.lua to script.lua. Will be included in the next release of Lua Player, this is a preview. Instead of using an extra screen for the options, I've used a black overlay on top of the current background, so you can select the level and see it immediatly in the background.

@Gandalf: Would be nice, if you could create a small image for the options overlay (250x88 pixels, but you can use alpha values, but only full opaque or full transparent). I think text should be written by the program, because then it can be localized later more easyly.
Should the image just say "options" ?

anyway, thanks for this super cool new version, I really like it :)
But I'm not really sure about having the flies in the grass level, I had some trouble seeing them. I'll test it out a little more and get back to you.
The best thing to do might be replacing the apples with flies in the desert level and having only apples in the grass level :)

BTW, do you think you can make a seperate EBOOT out of this too ;)
Fly you fools...
Shine

Post by Shine »

gandalf the grey wrote:Should the image just say "options" ?
Yes, a headline would be nice. Then the image can be larger, if you like, 250x88 pixels is the current size only.
gandalf the grey wrote: But I'm not really sure about having the flies in the grass level, I had some trouble seeing them.
You are right, the contrast is not very good. And the color of the sand in the desert level around the borders looks too bright on my PSP (but not on my computer LCD). Perhaps we need a color management profile for Photoshop for PSP :-)
gandalf the grey

Shine wrote:
gandalf the grey wrote:Should the image just say "options" ?
Yes, a headline would be nice. Then the image can be larger, if you like, 250x88 pixels is the current size only.
gandalf the grey wrote: But I'm not really sure about having the flies in the grass level, I had some trouble seeing them.
You are right, the contrast is not very good. And the color of the sand in the desert level around the borders looks too bright on my PSP (but not on my computer LCD). Perhaps we need a color management profile for Photoshop for PSP :-)
Here is a options menu background:
Was that kinda what you wanted? It is a little bigger than 250x88(but only to fit the options text over the box.
Fly you fools...
Shine

Post by Shine »

gandalf the grey wrote: Here is a options menu background:
Thanks, I've updated the game, now it looks professional :-)

gandalf the grey

Shine wrote:
gandalf the grey wrote: Here is a options menu background:
Thanks, I've updated the game, now it looks professional :-)

Looks good :D
Fly you fools...