program to tell if wlan switch is on/off

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Icy

program to tell if wlan switch is on/off

Post by Icy »

i'm fairly new to the who psp codeing scene and just wanted to share this little program i made. Basicly it prints to screen if the wlan witch is on or off simple huh?

you can get it here, source included of course =P
kutibah

Post by kutibah »

Thank you very much for creating this program. I think it is very handy. I always have trouble finding out if the switch is on or off. It's especially useful in airplanes when you are required to turn the wifi switch off. Thanks! Hope you implement some more features soon.
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

Cool program, but about the airplane thing, the WiFi is always off(even when the switch is on) and remains off until you tell the PSP to connect to a wireless connection, so I don't really see why one would have to physically turn it off.
kutibah

Post by kutibah »

F9zDark wrote:Cool program, but about the airplane thing, the WiFi is always off(even when the switch is on) and remains off until you tell the PSP to connect to a wireless connection, so I don't really see why one would have to physically turn it off.
Well, it still may cause interference in a way of static. For example, I have this radio at home on my desk. When I'm in my room and my cell phone rings the radio makes a buzzing noise even though it is off. This happens with everyone else when they bring a cell phone into the room. It's weird how electronics can function, but sometimes they can cause interference.
adman

Post by adman »

How can i get this to work couse i put this folder ""wlanswitch"" into psp/game right ? than i go to that game thing than i choose memory card than wlan switch test all work fine until it gives the psp screen than the screen goes black and than i get an error :( please help me

[I have firmware 1.50]
rand11

Post by rand11 »

Hey Icy

Nice little function that I hadn't thought about. I'll definitely use it. Here's a slightly optimised version.

int main(void)
{
pspDebugScreenInit();
SetupCallbacks();
pspDebugScreenSetXY(5, 5);
printf("\nMy Slightly Optimised Wlan Switch Test:\n");
wlanstatus = sceWlanGetSwitchState();
while(!done){
if(sceWlanGetSwitchState() != wlanstatus)
{
pspDebugScreenSetXY(5, 10);
wlanstatus = !(wlanstatus);
wlanstatus?printf("Wlan Switch ON! "):printf("Wlan Switch OFF!");
}
}
sceKernelExitGame();
return 0;
}