PSPSOne or PSPcsx?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

liquid8d

Post by liquid8d »

this thread should probably be locked. If there are any updates, I am sure he will let us know.

liquid8d
Zenurb

Post by Zenurb »

*cartwheels around the thread*

Yeah it shouldn't be locked but it doesn't need to be bumped. Don't forget to let us know what's going on PMF! Start a dev blog or something.
Proud Dvorak User
US 1.5 PSP (Original)
zacay

Post by zacay »

http://home.comcast.net/~shernandez1337/PSPSOne.html

His own webpage, and he promised to update.

He posted thi link in pspupdates forum.
Zenurb

Post by Zenurb »

zacay wrote:http://home.comcast.net/~shernandez1337/PSPSOne.html

Are you sure? This doesn't seem legitimate at all. Phishing to take advantage of the development scene just makes someone seem like the lowest kind of shit.
Proud Dvorak User
US 1.5 PSP (Original)
dot_blank

Post by dot_blank »

that is not his site and please
have this bug removed
10011011 00101010 11010111 10001001 10111010
ufoz

Post by ufoz »

dot_blank wrote:that is not his site and please
have this bug removed
Huh? He linked his screenshot from that same site in the very first post of this thread...
zacay

Post by zacay »

Zenurb wrote:
zacay wrote:http://home.comcast.net/~shernandez1337/PSPSOne.html

Are you sure? This doesn't seem legitimate at all. Phishing to take advantage of the development scene just makes someone seem like the lowest kind of shit.
Yeah its his personal email he writes at the bottom of the page, and the link isn't linked to any account on paypayl, so you donate the his real email :).

But I still wouldn't donate until I see updates! And releases.. if so and it works ok, I have saved money for this donation... and it will be BIGG :D
PacManFan

PSPSOne update

Post by PacManFan »

Hey everyone,
PacManFan here.

As stated, I've posted an info-only update and given PSPSOne a page of it's own.

At this point, I don't really have anything else to show, however, I want people to know that I haven't given up. I've been working on PSPSOne yesterday and today, and I've made some real progress. I'm on my 3rd attempt at writing a recompiler, and I think the 3rd time is the charm. I've given up on the idea of being able to "filter" out the addressing scheme, and now I'm taken a more traditional approach to writing this recompiler.

I've got the recompiler executing the bios at this point, and I'm tracking down some issues with my branch and COP functions. I think I'll have something to show soon.

-PMF
"I'm a little source code, short and stout
Here is my input, here is my out."

Author of PSPQuake and PSPSOne.
siso

Post by siso »

Wow, PacManFan return!!! :b
wuldstock

Post by wuldstock »

The man needs money to live. If we want him working on this thing 8 hours a day, we should be paying him what he would earn if he was working a normal day at his regular job. It would be a great idea if a lot of us would give him AT LEAST $10 a month, which is hardly anything at all to us, but would make a world of difference to him as it adds up. He'd probably get the thing done in 2 months if he could afford to work on it full time, and you know we'd get so much more than $20 worth of use out of it. If it's worth it to you to be able to play your favorite classics on your PSP, I say DONATE! I'm sending the man $10 right now, and if you want to use PSPSONE anytime soon, I suggest you do the same. It's only $10 bucks! ;)

EDIT: and as you can see, PMF is still hard at work so give him some support!
Feel the Rhythm. Spiral Out...
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Please don't solicit or ask for donations.
Kicker

Post by Kicker »

this is great news! this is by FAR the best emulator i was hoping for (including snes)
if you get this up and running, i will buy a 2gb memory stick just for the emu :)

oh, and if anyone is gointo donate fair enough, but you shouldnt ask for donations ;)

good luck pmf!
Seijuro

Post by Seijuro »

Maybe he should get in touch with zodttd who is making a PSX emu for the GP2X. Don't know how similar these two handhelds are regarding their architecture, but maybe there is some knowledge to share.
lloyd

Post by lloyd »

well i just got a 1GB card, so cant wait for this to work!
wuldstock

Post by wuldstock »

PMF will you continue to work on this even though Sony is making an official PSOne emulator for psp? i can imagine that everybody who sticks with homebrew will still want to be able to play psone games and your work will not be in vain.
ALiENiD

Post by ALiENiD »

I'm sure there will be a PSOne emulator, or someone else will write one (like me ;)). I don't have much spare time, but the minutes I do, I will spend on making FF7 to work. I've looked into dynamic recompilation and it doesn't look too hard. The problem is if there is enough MHz in the PSP to get PS1 games to run smoothly.
Itaintrite

Post by Itaintrite »

I doubt the official PSX emulator for PSP will let you create an iso of a game you own and play. Sony will probably force you to PAY to download the games to cut down on piracy. I don't want to pay extra for something I already own, would you? :/
wuldstock

Post by wuldstock »

true, then PMF and others need to keep at it! all we'll need then is 1.5 psp compatibility with PS3 and all new psp games :)
Koba

Post by Koba »

Seijuro wrote:Maybe he should get in touch with zodttd who is making a PSX emu for the GP2X. Don't know how similar these two handhelds are regarding their architecture, but maybe there is some knowledge to share.
well the GP2X uses a ARM9 processor, much different from the PSP's MIPS processor, the architecture is way different. but for main speed wise i'm sure they could help each other, the fact if either are even willing to give help is another question ;) btw, the Playstation also uses MIPS so the PSP should have more success with a full speed emulator than the GP2X, but teh PSOne emu for GP2X is really advanced for how early the GP2X is in its homebrew stage.
davidthegreat

excelent

Post by davidthegreat »

keep up the good work.
Everybody will be happy if you complete the emulator
Viper8896

Post by Viper8896 »

could it be possible for psone games to be decompiled the recompiled to run nativley on psp hard ware? the way it would run a lot more eficient. http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Viper8896 wrote:could it be possible for psone games to be decompiled the recompiled to run nativley on psp hard ware? the way it would run a lot more eficient. http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm
You cannot relay neither on that decompiler nor any other.

Decompilation is a NOT COMPUTATIONAL problem, meaning that it's REALLY imposible to resolve it with computers, as imposible as reaching a temperature of absolute zero. (anyways, it can be solved partially, in some "realistic" cases as Cristina Cifuentes proved, but don't expect too much of automatized reverse engineering...)

That's why the more reliable decompilers are brains, but they are so slow...
Of course, once decompiled, the recompilation wouldn't be as easy as typing "make", as it also has to be ported to a different system than the original one.

This is not the way, you won't see people so crazy to decompile full psx games and then porting them to psp.
groepaz

Post by groepaz »

oh yes....if you make a working decompiler that outputs more than half-accurate gibberish, please let me know :=)
jum

Post by jum »

It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see my old PSX demos/games being used as test-fodder for a PSP PSX emu. Makes me feel like I've already contributed to PSP homebrew, and I haven't even written a line of PSP code yet!
8 bits is all you'll ever need...
caviar

Post by caviar »

Hi all,

I just posted a link to a copyrighted PS1 BIOS, not only that but copyrighted BIOS content from a development system, which end users shouldn't have access to anyway!
Did I mention that it's copyrighted, and related to the Sony SDK, which is of course a major violation of pretty much the first rule of these forums!

[Note, not the original post, edit by jbit]
Marco_N

Post by Marco_N »

I downloaded this file, it appears to be more of the development folder rarred up.

I stumbled on the following file in this archive:

PSPSOne\PSPONE\BIOS\SCPH1001.BIN

with the string
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. CEX-3000/1001/1002 by K.S.

I'm not in a position to verify this, but if this is an official PSX BIOS ROM then I guess this link has to be removed as it contains copyrighted material.

- Marco
groepaz

Post by groepaz »

its not only a psx bios - its the bios of a development psx that shouldnt be in the public whatsoever :=D
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Locked because nothing useful has happened in the last few pages of posts.
If you're curious about a projects status, email or PM the guy doing it, or simply wait 'til they announce something!
Also, if you're pasting links to emulator stuff, don't include copyright ROMs or BIOSes, it's a good way to get yourself, and possibly emu discussion banned completely.