WiFi Multi-Test .02 - Photo Frame, AIBO cam, CLIE spy cam

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

PspPet

WiFi Multi-Test .02 - Photo Frame, AIBO cam, CLIE spy cam

Post by PspPet »

Wifi MultiTest .02

The WiFi multi-test program serves several purposes - basic WiFi access, how to connect to other Sony devices; a generally useful PSP program and sample source code.

I've split this into two topics, for people who only want to run the program, and for developers who want to write code based on the sceNetINet sockets-like layer.

This thread is for people running the program. Please discuss connection problems or other things here (as homebrew users)
Check the PSP developer forum if you want to talk about the source code.

See this webpage for installation instructions, some (blurry) photos and other info.
http://aibohack.com/psp/wifitest.htm

If you only have a PSP and a WiFi enabled PC, you can use the PhotoFrame feature (use the PSP as a wireless photo display)
PSP 1.0 or 1.50 only of course.

If you have other Sony WiFi gadgets, including certain models of AIBO robot dogs or (now discontinued) CLIE PDAs, you can do other things.
rest05

how do i change the settings of my ip on the program?

Post by rest05 »

i can figure out how to change my psp ip on the ''upsend'' batch he provides can you help?
strider_mt2k

Post by strider_mt2k »

Hello
I have both a PSP and TH55 which I would like to make work with this.
I am also running a WiFi router at home.

(PSPet, this was posted afer my email to you on the topic.)
I have spystillcam and the watcher program working on my TH55 and PC now, and they work great.

I installed the app and the .txt file on my PSP, modifying the .txt file to include my TH55's IP address.

I then reviewed my PSPs WiFi connection information, writing it down.

The next step was going through my PSPs WiFi settings again, only entering in the connection information manually this time.

Now I start up spystillcam on my TH55 and spycamwatcher on my PC.

Then I start Wifi MultiTest .02 on my PSP.

With the Default Router and Primary DNS set to random numbers I get through the connection process, select my TH55's IP from the list, then get "found clie" and my PSP locks up. (battery removal)

As an experiment I changed the Default Router and Primary DNS settings back to match my original ones I wrote down and locked in earlier and tried again.

This time I got the same "found clie", but on top of locking the PSP, my TH55 simultaneously soft reset!

I know I've messed something up here with the settings, but I'm close!
If nothing else I've stumbled upon a really complex way to soft reset my TH55 via WiFi! LOL

I hope my floundering actually helps somehow. Sorry if not.
Mike Thompson
(...he's just this guy.)