psp 1.5 exploit video?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

chaos

psp 1.5 exploit video?

Post by chaos »

i give this a 10% chance of actually being real, but at least the music is good ;)

http://files.psphacker.com/cgi-bin/cfil ... ,0,0,9,354
Chaosmachine Studios: High Quality Homebrew.
chaos

Post by chaos »

and some text from their site.. http://www.only4.info/psp-dev/

"All of you have wished this. Yes, now we can load homebrew in PSPs with v1.5 firmware (we haven't try in 1.5x versions). With an exploit that i have just created today we can load any homebrew in our PSP. I must try to make it better, so you will have to wait.

The Release Day will be 06/15/2005 at 15:00 GTM+1 (Spanish Hour).

Note: THIS IS NOT FAKE, anyone who know us, know it's real. Thanks to all"

i guess we will see in 3 days.. heh
Famicom DS

Post by Famicom DS »

they also have a count down on the bottom right hand side

im gonna say FAKE
wulf

Post by wulf »

It's from psphacker... of course it's fake. Go ahead.. prove me wrong.
fashidus

Post by fashidus »

it is a total fake....

it's a 1.5 psp doing the white psp screen & fade to black...

but then it's a different clip of the hello psp app, either running on a 1.0, or the pspe.
MDave

Post by MDave »

Hmm, notice the part where after the psp logo fades away, the homebrew app seems to load instantly after that? As in you can see the app up and running RIGHT after the psplogo has finished fadeing? That bit seems odd, and I'm judging this from the psp plasma video where there is a delay (black screen) for a split second after the logo.

Oh, I just remmembered the 1.0 psp's don't have that fade effect. Might actually be real ... but why would they delay and have a countdown to the date they're going to release? Just so everyone will know about it within this time, then when it releases, they get the highest amount of hits on their site they can get or something?
Marco_N

Post by Marco_N »

Let's just not get excited and wait till the 15th. If it's fake or the deadline extended, oh well. If it's real, let's get excited then.

Perhaps they're trying to "smoke out" some of the other groups (Xecuter, Dynarox...)
_Psycho

Post by _Psycho »

wulf wrote:It's from psphacker... of course it's fake. Go ahead.. prove me wrong.
Whats the relation between psphacker and the video ? psphacker only report news and host files, the video come from another site.
wulf

Post by wulf »

ehh.. I guess your right...
frenzy987

Post by frenzy987 »

This new exploit has just been verified by www.ps2nfo.com

Details as follows

BREAKiNG NEWS: Homebrew on v1.50 PSP! Posted By: PS2NFO.COM On Today 02:22 AM
CybBlade of our Forums (and iRC EFnet #PS2Ownz) confirmed tonight that PsP-Dev now have a working v1.50 exploit for running "homebrew" or unsigned code from it, similar to what NEM did for v1.00 firmware PSP users. A brief video of this in action can be found on their Web site HERE for those interested, and on 6/15/2005 (15:00 GTM+1) they plan to publically disclose the method used in Tutorial format to the world! We at Team PS2NFO congratulate our Spanish affiliates, and look forward to LOTS of nice "homebrew" releases to follow along with even more UMD dumps! Please post all related feedback on this VERY COOL news in THIS on-going Forum thread. Finally, we'd like to make it known that the legitimacy of this news has already been 100% confirmed by myself via high-ranking scene elders... so no, this is not another "fake video" nor publicity stunt- it's REAL!
fashidus

Post by fashidus »

verified my freakin ass!
Cogboy

Post by Cogboy »

well its certainly seeming a lot more credible than all the other claims we have seen.
lets just hope they follow through with it.
"the sony PSP was built by god, to determine who on earth had the best skills to defeat the armies of satan" - Saint Peter.
chaos

Post by chaos »

ok, i will raise my wager to 30%. after all, ps2nfo did bring us the first info about the umd dumps.
_Psycho

Post by _Psycho »

What a confirmation, the guys that did the video and hosting it "confirm" that it work.....
Marco_N

Post by Marco_N »

_Psycho wrote:What a confirmation, the guys that did the video and hosting it "confirm" that it work.....
The guys that did the video are spanish and are called PsP-Dev. PS2NFO.com is another site.
Darkcreator

Post by Darkcreator »

I would think if someone came out with somthing that worked with 1.5 they would release it right away
whats up ?
_Psycho

Post by _Psycho »

Marco_N wrote:
_Psycho wrote:What a confirmation, the guys that did the video and hosting it "confirm" that it work.....
The guys that did the video are spanish and are called PsP-Dev. PS2NFO.com is another site.
http://www.xente.mundo-r.com/cybblade/p ... ev-1.5.avi

Thats where the file is hosted from the original spanish site.
Darkcreator

Post by Darkcreator »

thanks Psycho for clearing that up
whats up ?
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

well video are very deciving. here a video i did up just to prove it. http://thrilla.ca/pspk.wmv its obviously fake. so there no really way to prove it.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
senas8

Post by senas8 »

It's not the damn video that we need to look at carefully...thats easy to discard as fake, for obvious reasons....but the claim and backed up by ps2.....interesting.....Ps2nfo....is known for being legit for example: EDITED...that turned out to be true. To get to the point if this is fake....ps2nfo is going down from a legit site to BS...they would have alot to lose Reputation on the line...so im giving it a 50/50
Danj

Post by Danj »

Why do people bother doing stuff like this? In the unlikely event that they DO actually have a 1.5 exploit, doesn't saying "oh we're going to announce it on the 15th" give Sony time to get the lawyers in and C&D them before the exploit even gets out? Wouldn't it be much better if they just released it anyway? This is the reason that I think it's fake, I don't care how many reputable sites "believe" it's real (videos are easily faked, so there's no actual hard evidence to back up the existence of this alleged exploit anyway). This sort of fakery just wastes people's time.
Dan Jackson
senas8

Post by senas8 »

I don't think the reputable site had the video only as proof...they had a demo version working on 1.5..... from what I understand.
pixel

Post by pixel »

For your interest, ps2nfo always was a bs website, maybe even more than what some other threads say psphacker is.

But that's not the right place to start flaming over people, and to speculate about a video. Thread closed. Start a new one when there's something REAL going on, like code posted or so.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.