[RELEASE] "Escape From Colditz" game engine

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Aperture

[RELEASE] "Escape From Colditz" game engine

Post by Aperture »

Well, after enjoying so much from the great PSP community, I thought it was time to give something back.
Therefore, I am releasing Colditz Escape!, a rewritten game engine of the classic Amiga game "Escape From Colditz" for the PSP.

Just like Reminiscence or ScummVM, this engine requires you to provide your own data files (which should be fairly easy to find), but otherwise, it should be a fully functionnal port of the game.

Oh, and by the way, this is a dual platform port (PSP and Windows), and released under GPL v3.0.

You can access it here (full source here)

Enjoy!
sauron_le_noir

Post by sauron_le_noir »

Thx i have just downloaded the files from a amiga site a i wil try your port
Wraggster

Post by Wraggster »

awesome news, ill get posting at DCEmu, nice to see more homebrew for the PSP :)
Webmaster of http://www.dcemu.co.uk

DCEMU The Worlds Only Homebrew & Gaming Network of Sites.
Aperture

Post by Aperture »

Thanks!
suloku

Post by suloku »

Hi, I can't seem to locate a valid adf file to use with the ported engine.

None of the ones I've gotten my hand onto has the COLDITZ-LOADER file, I rename SKR_COLD to that, but the executable complains of it not being the correct size.

Am I doing something wrong? Could you provide some md5 (or any other) hashes of a valid adf file (or files) that can be used to play this game?
Aperture

Post by Aperture »

Hi suloku,

I think maybe my explanations weren't clear enough.
The game engine does create COLDITZ-LOADER from SKR_COLD the first time it is run, as SKR_COLD is just the compressed version of COLDITZ_LOADER.

Thus, you don't need to rename anything. If COLDITZ-LOADER is not found, but SKR_COLD does exist, then you will be fine: COLDITZ-LOADER will be created automatically for you.

I'll take your suggestion of an ADF MD5 into account.
suloku

Post by suloku »

Thank you very much, I knew I was doing something wrong.

Also, I've been having trouble because when I extracted the files from the adf, there were some missing files. The reason was using "-d directory" to extract the files.

dyunadf.exe "EfC.adf"

That command extracted all the files. Maybe you should note it somewhere.
Aperture

Post by Aperture »

v0.9.3 now released.

Data files are now included with the download, so no need for the confusing extraction step. Just install and enjoy!