Dump RAM in use... is it possible?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Stewie87

Dump RAM in use... is it possible?

Post by Stewie87 »

Like title... is it possible to dump (in a txt file for example) the RAM in use?
I would use it to search same value to patch, for example firmware version or MAC address! :D
CWCheat allows to show RAM during games but there is any function that allows me to dump it during vsh (using a plugin for example)?

Thanks for help ;)
weltall

Post by weltall »

enable the dump function in the main menu and press [] as default settings in game
Stewie87

Post by Stewie87 »

weltall wrote:enable the dump function in the main menu and press [] as default settings in game
Thank you, but I search for a function in VSH and not in GAME... or I can use CWCheat also in VSH? :O
I try, i try :D
weltall

Post by weltall »

Stewie87 wrote:
weltall wrote:enable the dump function in the main menu and press [] as default settings in game
Thank you, but I search for a function in VSH and not in GAME... or I can use CWCheat also in VSH? :O
I try, i try :D
you can use it everywhere just add it manually. but notice cwcheat does only dumps of user ram and not kernel ram. for that i'd suggest psplink
Stewie87

Post by Stewie87 »

I used cwcheat but i don't find firmware version in dump :(
So it should be in kernel dump? I will try psplink thanks ;)
Stewie87

Post by Stewie87 »

I installed psplink... but now?! What comand i have to use to dump kernel memory?! :S
weltall

Post by weltall »

savemem or memsave now i don't remember correctly anyway you can peek the help menu :)