Problem with PSPLink Windows 7

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Draan

Problem with PSPLink Windows 7

Post by Draan »

I've got MinPSPW on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. PSP Slim 5.50 gen-d3
I've used drivers and psplink from MinPSPW, but it's not working.
If i run usbhostfs, i can see "connected to device", but when i start pspsh, i should see "host0:>", but theres nothing at all.

What the problem can be?
Last edited by Draan on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
jojojoris

Post by jojojoris »

Do you have a firewall which is blocking usbhostfs_pc of pspsh?

You can see "connected to device" so that part is working.

Code: Select all

int main(){
     SetupCallbacks();
     makeNiceGame();
     sceKernelExitGame();
}
Draan

Post by Draan »

I have a firewall, but i clicked allow when it shows popup. Then i've disabled it. No effect.

When launching PSPSH i can see in usbhostfs "Accepting async connection (0, in next message 2, and 3) from 127.0.0.1", so PSPSH is connecting to usbhosts.

But nothing shows in pspsh, also no commands are working.

after a command "drives" in usbhosts, every host 0-7 displays "/cygdrive/c/pspsdk/bin"

host0 should show ms0:/, shouldn't it?

I also checked usbhosts as "run as admin" and compability with win xp, nothing.
bbtgp32465

Post by bbtgp32465 »

try starting it with another port

Code: Select all

@echo off
PATH = c:\pspsdk\bin;%cd%;
start usbhostfs_pc.exe -b 1542
start pspsh.exe -p 1542
NoEffex

Post by NoEffex »

Are you sure the libusb drivers are installed?
Programming with:
Geany + Latest PSPSDK from svn
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

In order to get it the usb driver installed you need to install the driver in xp compat mode with admin rights. psplink uses the old libusb which i doesn't work properly with windows 7. There is an ongoing effort from the libusb team to port the new version to win7 but it is not known when it will be done.

Also to make it worse psplink even with minpspw is build with cygwin support, and i'm not 100% sure here, i think only since version 1.7 it supports win7 properly...
bbtgp32465

Post by bbtgp32465 »

im using libusb with windows 7 64 bit now. You can get it with Minimalist PSPSDK for Windows and driver signing must be disabled to use it. If you dont know how to install it, Start->RightClick Computer->Manage->Device Manager->Highlight your pc name->Action Menu->Add legacy hardware. inf: C:\pspsdk\bin\driver_x64\psp.inf. x86 is probably the same minus the driver signing.

hope that helps. But since you said "connected to device" i believe its just a port issue.
Draan

Post by Draan »

i've used this bat script, reinstalled drivers with bttgp's "tuto", but nothing :(

Strange thing.
When buttons are not pressed by some amount of time, the display turns off. When it's off, and i run pspsh, the screen lights up.

So:
- drivers & usbhosts are working (I see Connected to Device)
- pspsh "is working" (pspsh wake up PSP & I see in usbhosts "Accepting async connection")

But pspsh is not working with me...
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Urm, have you previously used the same version of psplink on that version of the psp firmware? There was a firmware where the shell breaks, but it is still there you just do not see any output. You need to update to the latest psplink from subversion if that is the case, of course maybe it doesn't work on your psp at all :)
Draan

Post by Draan »

I was previously using RemoteJoy on this PSP, but it was on old computer, with WinXP. And everything was working :)
I'll try psplink from SVN.
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Well remotejoy would work fine as it is simply a bug in the shell (it is actually a bug in the firmware which was "intentionally" put there from what I can tell :P)
Draan

Post by Draan »

http://www.image-share.com/image.php?img=129/64.jpg

Solved! :) Thanks TyRaNiD!

Edit: uh, not at all...

i see host0: in pspSH now, and it's talking with me, but still all hosts are mapped to cygrive/c/pspsdk/bin...
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Sigh :)

Usbhostfs_pc uses the current directory as its default location for mappings. Either push usbhostfs_pc.exe somewhere in your path and run it from the directory you want to access or in usbhostfs_pc's window type something like mount 0 /path/to/my/files you can also map the other 7 host drives to different places by chaning the number.
Draan

Post by Draan »

i thought host0 should be mapped to ms0, and rest to PC.

I've succesfully remapped hosts to C instead of pspsdk/bin, but how to map to ms0?

(just tested running prx from PC, working)
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Err ms0: is already mapped. You can either do cd ms0: to map the current dir to ms0: or you can just run an app from ms0: if you want. You perhaps should read the manual :)

hostX: is for PC stuff only. Any other drive is available, like you normally can access disc0: which is the UMD, or flash0: or flash1: of you want. psplink doesn't care.
Draan

Post by Draan »

Thanks for reply and help.

The last problem: typing "reset vsh" crashes the PSP, doesn't go to VSH. "Reset" works fine.
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Well there might not be anything you can do about the last problem. Sometimes Sony change shit and psplink can break because of it. It might be running out of memory for example.
jsharrad

Post by jsharrad »

Might just be your psp... mine has been doing it since 1.5 days and still does it on 3.40 oe