Sony is not familiar with QUALITY

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

psp-robot

Sony is not familiar with QUALITY

Post by psp-robot »

Sony, maybe one of the most innovative company but unable to deal with quality.

Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y

How can we make them understand the meaning of this important process on every business...

I bought the following products and they all have a defect.

- My Aibo has a leg problem an is unable to stand on the floor without crawling...

- My Vaio laptop with an integrated camera (few dead pixels on the screen also has a camera problem)

- Sony-Ericsson cell phone... the frame has a problem

- My PS2 can't read a cd anymore.

- My PSP has the right arrow stuck

I am eager to know what will be my next problem with a Sony product.

I think have reached a non return point with them.
Last edited by psp-robot on Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
mharris

Re: Sony is not familiar this QUALITY

Post by mharris »

psp-robot wrote:My Aibo has leg problem and is unable to stand on the floor without crawling...
OK, I think that's the funniest thing I've read here.
M2

Post by M2 »

... not meaning to flame ya too much, but where did you read that an electronic device has to be perfect in every way, all the time?

i'd be hard pressed to show you any of my digital devices without something odd about them, regardless of the brand associated with it. it's just the nature of technology... if you can't live with the small imperfections, maybe it's not something you don't need in your life. avoid the stress.

and, sony has a pretty good warranty policy... tried to have any of these items repaired or replaced or exchanged?
M2.
Arakon

Post by Arakon »

well, it IS a fact that the ps2 has serious laser issues.
Yoorah

Post by Yoorah »

psp-robot's complaining is perfectly legitimate. I'm new to this "gaming" thing, and so, before I've heard about Sony's Playstation issues, I've always thought of Sony products as of ones made with very good quality (they make great sound systems, dvd players, tvs, etc). Then again, those are probably different branches of Sony. When you buy an expensive device, you expect it to work well. -_-;
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
Naota

Post by Naota »

The laser in the ps2 dvd drive is known for having a short lifespan. And I personally don't think its to much to expect a product to be put together properly and well built from the manufacture. In my opinion its up to you the consumer to demand and expect quality. no dead pixels no pop off buttons but if you think you can live with it then thats good for you after all its your dough. Then again sony as a company makes many reliable electronics some with decent warranties. But when you get as big as sony you have to make an extra effort to ensure that each product meets the high standards of the people that purchase them, the consumer. Then again not everyone treats thier electronics properly... whatever.

edit: I love Sony but they have been getting sloppy.
http://www.forbes.com/technology/person ... 09028.html 90.7 milla? ouch!

Post by Guest »

Moved to off topic.
MarioD

Re: Sony is not familiar with QUALITY

Post by MarioD »

psp-robot wrote:Sony, maybe one of the most innovative company but unable to deal with quality.

Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y

How can we make them understand the meaning of this important process on every business...

- My Aibo has a leg problem an is unable to stand on the floor without crawling...

- My Vaio laptop with an integrated camera (few dead pixels on the screen also has a camera problem)

Hey money bags, hook a brother up and mail me some of your broke stuff so I can play with it....

Mario
psp-robot

Re: Sony is not familiar with QUALITY

Post by psp-robot »

MarioD wrote:
psp-robot wrote:Sony, maybe one of the most innovative company but unable to deal with quality.

Q.U.A.L.I.T.Y

Hey money bags, hook a brother up and mail me some of your broke stuff so I can play with it....

Mario

Sure give me your mail address i will send you a gift.
Let's go back to the topic...

... not meaning to flame ya too much, but where did you read that an electronic device has to be perfect in every way, all the time?
I don't feel onfended by what you think.

In a way i agree perfection does not exists.
But i am talking about disfunction...
When my PS2 fails to read a CD this has nothing to do with a lack of perfection.

For instance:

When i bought a PS2 i didn't expected to send it back to Sony's warranty & support service for over a month.
All the same for the past products i bought.
rinco

Post by rinco »

all sony products i own work flawlessly, which is why i continue to buy from sony.

with regards to the ps2 laser,
i bought my ps2 the first day it came out here. i've used it as a dvd
player for hundreds of dvds. i bought the linux kit and used the ps2 as a
24/7 fileserver for some time. i spin many a game on the machine for
months at a time.

the laser still works 4 years after my purchase. and i would have no
qualms replacing the laser if need be (instead of trolling here).

at least sony dont ship power adapters that start fires and then cover it
up with some pathetic circuit breaker kludge.