PSP Web Browser crazyness.

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

pixel

PSP Web Browser crazyness.

Post by pixel »

Now there, I'm seeing like 10 different threads talking about the same thing. Maybe it would be time to create a separate forum for it, since it seems to be attracting so much people at the same time.

Ho, by the way, did anybody try to hit that browser with crafted jpeg/pngs ?

:P
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
xfluxlab

Post by xfluxlab »

another thread....
mrbrown
Site Admin

Re: PSP Web Browser crazyness.

Post by mrbrown »

pixel wrote:Now there, I'm seeing like 10 different threads talking about the same thing. Maybe it would be time to create a separate forum for it, since it seems to be attracting so much people at the same time.
Another site perhaps - that line we've talked about before is getting thinner. I think you might want to look at culling all of the non-dev stuff here and in #pspdev, or the SnR will get too high for any real dev. work.
"He was warned..."
IceBerg

Post by IceBerg »

Well good ideas can come from chatter, but a general areay seperate from the dev would be good, then have the actual developers the only ones that can post in the dev are but open for others to read. Once the newness of the PSP wears off the noise will die down too.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

How about actively locking duplicate threads and pointing people to already ongoing discussions?

I agree, though... this is getting insane.
pdc

Post by pdc »

ooPo wrote:How about actively locking duplicate threads and pointing people to already ongoing discussions?

I agree, though... this is getting insane.
I don't like too much locking. Some people have a good point to make and don't want it to get lost in another thread.

I think IceBerg is right, give it a few months and things will be normal.
...oh wait - we have the Europe release in a few months! ;)

Perhaps it is a good idea to split the PSP forum in 2: -
1. PSP Discussion
2. PSP Development
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

I don't like locking at all, but when every elbow with an opinion opens a new thread so he can say whatever he thinks is important we get far too much noise. At least by locking we can keep it in one place. A new topic should only be made if a new topic is being discussed. That's simple logic.

Adding a new forum wouldn't help much as people use the 'show new posts' link which will be flooded regardless of where the posts are.

That said, I'm open to other suggestions before I even think of doing anything like moving and locking. :)
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

There, two forums. Enjoy!
Pollux

Post by Pollux »

IceBerg wrote:have the actual developers the only ones that can post in the dev are but open for others to read.
Then it's harder for newcomers to join the dev board, which kinda sucks... I think simply splitting the board (and possibly moving inappropriate topics) would be just as effective.
Cogboy

Post by Cogboy »

if you were to restrict posting rights, then i would like to see a sticky announcement in the restricted forums giving anyone who is truely interested the chance to send a pm proving their interest and ability to be part of a productive discussion.
sinigord

Set up connection with altered primary DNS to browse web....

Post by sinigord »

Found this posted elsewhere... it definately works.

You need to have Wipeout Pure to make this work!

1. Go the main menu of your PSP
2. Go over to Settings
3. Scroll down to Network Settings and Press X
4. Select Infrastructure Mode
5. Select New Connection
6. I suggest naming the connection: "Web Browsing" or something like that. That way you can use another connection for the rest of your online games.
7. Push the Right Direction Key to go to the next menu
8. Select the Scan option and let it pick up your WLAN settings.
9. Once it picks up a connect, Push the Right Direction Key to go to the next menu
10. Select Custom for the Address Settings
11. Push the Right Direction Key to go to the next menu
12. Leave IP Address Setting on Automatic
13. Push the Right Direction Key to go to the next menu
14. Select Manual for your DNS Setting
15. Push the Right Direction Key to go to the next menu
16. Enter in 67.171.70.72 as your Primary DNS and just leave the Secondary DNS blank
17. Double check and make sure that you entered the DNS numbers in correctly
18. Push the Right Direction Key to go to the next menu
19. Select "Do Not Use" for your Proxy Server settings
20. Push the Right Direction Key to go to the next menu
21. Push the Right Direction Key to go to the next menu
22. Push the X button to save your settings
23. Do a quick test of the connection to make sure it's working correctly
24. Launch Wipeout Pure and go to the Download option in the main menu
25. Select the name of the new connection you just made, connect, and enjoy browsing the internet on your PSP.

Have Fun!
pfer1984

Post by pfer1984 »

hi from spain.

Is that DNS server down? I doesnot work for me. If I run it from my localhost and it works. But I'd like to run it from my university. Thanks
Kamilion

Post by Kamilion »