Programming for the Psp

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

manasol

Programming for the Psp

Post by manasol »

When programming with consoles is there much of a difference between C and C++ and why, once a sdk is made available for the psp of course?
soks

Post by soks »

The difference between C and C++ is in the language and how you use it.

Personally I believe C++ is more of a software engineering language and C would actually be cleaner for small stuff (what most people will be doing and do for homebrew).

So it's more like programming on consoles is different then on PC, and being that C/C++ both have very similair capabilities... using one or the other will only create a difference in overall program design.

Of course if the SDK is built with one or the other in mind that could effect things... but C++ can easily use C code to implement nice "C++" like things. C on the other hand would simply have to use C++ style here and there to get stuff done.

So yeah, there is a difference, but it's not becuase of the consoles, pretty much programming in C and C++ is a little different. Mostly because of what the languages were designed for.

Anyways... I should look into getting a psp... they're shiny.
manasol

Post by manasol »

Thank you for the reply. You answered many of my questions and to the point. Thank you again.