PSP Teardown

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

BitShiftLeft

PSP Teardown

Post by BitShiftLeft »

Maybe of interest

http://www.teardown.com/channels/pdas/Sony_PSP_1000.asp

However a bit steep for $3,450.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Interesting place. Must be a fun job for these folk.
fbg00

Shall we take up a collection?

Post by fbg00 »

I'm in for $100
Yoorah

Post by Yoorah »

Would such a report actually be useful to you guys? If so, maybe you should set up a donations page for it.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
senas8

Post by senas8 »

Yoorah wrote:Would such a report actually be useful to you guys? If so, maybe you should set up a donations page for it.
Great idea im in for $50

Post by Guest »

The difficulty with such an idea is copyright: say a collection was done, who gets it ? Only those who contributed ? Does the license and terms of the report allow even that ?

Even before that, interested parties need to know precisely what they are after. We already have publicly available teardowns without parts data and block diagrams. Some basic block diagrams from Sony presentations have also been places on the net.

Finally, there is no guarantee their information is all that much more complete than what is already publicly available. Put together a group of ps2dev'ers, and I bet we can do just as good of a teardown.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

gorim wrote:Finally, there is no guarantee their information is all that much more complete than what is already publicly available. Put together a group of ps2dev'ers, and I bet we can do just as good of a teardown.
You need hardware hackers for that. The only ps2dev'ers that do hardware (or are any good at it) hire out their services to modchip companies. We'll see homebrew on the PSP when Datel or XYZ modchip company get their hands on it.
"He was warned..."