Full screen video 16:9 from the Memory Stick

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

volksport

Full screen video 16:9 from the Memory Stick

Post by volksport »

I read in some earlier posts that people were not convinced that the memory stick could be used for full screen movies.

http://psp.connect.com/

Try downloading this video: Stealth Trailer (28MB)

Obviously once the video is playing, you have to select "Full Screen" video mode to have this 16:9 native video take up the correct space.

You can get full screen video playback from the memory stick (I hope I'm not repeating something you already knew).

Hope that helps!
Robert
Last edited by volksport on Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

I think people are aware they generally can resize existing videos that do not natively match the precise pixel resolution of the PSP.

Unfortunately, what people are really after, is they want to rip videos directly to the full native 480x272 dimensions of the PSP, and that is where the difficulty exists.

So far, the PSP won't play such vids created with software available to them.

But Sony has no problem producing such vids. Hence the fuss.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
volksport

Post by volksport »

They seemed to have accomplished this by squishing the video into 320x240 (which is obviously wrong for this clip) so that when in full screen mode, it is sized correctly. Not sure if this verifies that native full size (is/is not) possible, but it is interesting that this is what they chose for offical movie clip downloads.
Energy

Post by Energy »

Maybe once all three major launches are out sony might release a tool to do it. Would be good. Might include Atract support, which'd be good. Go well with my HiMD :D