GDC '05

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

mharris

GDC '05

Post by mharris »

Is anyone here planning on attending GDC (San Francisco, 7-8 March)? I'm not, but would be curious to hear any reports.

Maybe next year ps2dev.org can get a booth ;-)
Drakonite
Site Admin

Re: GDC '05

Post by Drakonite »

mharris wrote:Maybe next year ps2dev.org can get a booth ;-)
Maybe thats why they keep sending me stuff asking if I want to be a presenter...

Pfft, I'm not going, but maybe I should one of these times, seeing as how they've been sending me so much crap about it every year..
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

"GDC Roundtable by Jeffrey Soldan: Proper Array Usage and Counting in C"
"He was warned..."

Post by Guest »

Drakonite wrote:
mharris wrote:Maybe next year ps2dev.org can get a booth ;-)
Maybe thats why they keep sending me stuff asking if I want to be a presenter...
You know, presenting would look real good on a resume...

Post by Guest »

mharris wrote:Is anyone here planning on attending GDC (San Francisco, 7-8 March)? I'm not, but would be curious to hear any reports.

Maybe next year ps2dev.org can get a booth ;-)
So... who belongs to PS2DEV anyway ? ;) Anyone who has a forum account ? The top 50 posts in the forums and/or most minutes in #ps2dev ? :)

The closest thing we have to face of PS2DEV are the people who run/admin the websites, and those who have participated so much over time that no other person would question it.

But I have wondered myself... at what point is someone a "card-carrying member of the PS2DEV community ?" Is there, or will there ever be, such a thing ? Or is it best to be the loose confederation of forum and irc junkies who also happen to post/develop great things ?
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

*pokes gorim with a stick*
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
Neil Stevens

Post by Neil Stevens »

gorim wrote:But I have wondered myself... at what point is someone a "card-carrying member of the PS2DEV community ?" Is there, or will there ever be, such a thing ? Or is it best to be the loose confederation of forum and irc junkies who also happen to post/develop great things ?
Developer community would be those with write access to the source repository. User community would be whoever bothered to show up.