PMP Mod v2.02 & PMP Mod AVC v1.02

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

mraeburn

Post by mraeburn »

Using 3gp converter what settings do you have to cahge if the movie is 2.35:1 i.e 656x272, because if you use the 16:9 version this will stretch the movie?

Thanks
gcmospeada

Re: winmenc help

Post by gcmospeada »

arex wrote:
imutau wrote:Can someone just create a modified .ini for the Winmenc GUI application? Or just paste the script here and I'll create the .ini file myself?

I want to try mencoder but I'm not understanding the scripts too much.

i will tell you a good news! yawoo(the author of WinMenc) has just released the newest version of winmenc called "WinMenc 0.5x beta", it add a new commend, with this, you can convert a video file to pmp simply and quickly! just one step!

the pmpmux.bat is like this

set vid=%~f1
set aud=%~dpn1.mp3
set pmp=%~dpn1.pmp
mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -of rawaudio -o "%aud%" "%vid%"
pmp_muxer "%vid%" "%aud%" "%pmp%"
del "%aud%"
del "%vid%"
exit /b

Can you make a full tutorial step by step on how to use that program? because i just tried what you posted in the screenshot and nothing happened, just a black window appeared and dissapeared and nothing happened.

and for all of you, the program can be downloaded from here
http://xthost.info/winmenc/winmenc.zip
csuper

Post by csuper »

Ok guys,

I have maybe find a little thing on the stutering audio buz...

I have a video where the video/audio HANG somewhere...
I try to re-encode the original video with XVID Advanced Simple@LS3... 2 Pass - Max Kbps (768) - virtualDUBMod... this time and "voilà" ... I've got a file with near no audio HANG ! :)))
(ok the video rate is not perfect but that's not the important here, if you see what I mean...!)

Guys, can you test it on your problematic files ? (don't change the way you handle the audio, just try to encode yur video with AS@LS3) and tell me if you've got the same/less/or no more stutering audio problem... ? ;)

Ps : now i try to find an AS@LS4 good profile...

csuper.

EDIT : just finish a test AS@LS4 with 900 kbps video is OK too...!! :) I will push the test a little further TOMORROW... I'm going to sleep now :o
yazooo

Re: small mod

Post by yazooo »

great work, testing it now!

oh gcmospeada, that link you gave, it is to the 0.5 beta, not 0.5x, still not found that.
malloc wrote:Thank you so much Jonny for this great player !

I've added 2 new functions :

- a volume booster function (up and down can be used to change the volume from x1 to x2, x4, or x8 during play, usefull for the low volume scenes)

- a resume function (when the video is exited with triangle, the position is saved in a small file, and when the video is played again, it goes directly where it was saved)

the psp app :
http://rapidshare.de/files/10543249/pmpmod.zip.html

the sources :
http://rapidshare.de/files/10543348/pmpmod_src.rar.html

Jonny you'll probably add those kind of options in a next release, but I wanted to use your player right now and needed those functions so I've added them quickly (there's probably better ways to implement them).
yazooo

Post by yazooo »

works a treat, great stuff.
therock003

Post by therock003 »

Jonny i would like to congratulate you for this giant step.We can now play full res full speed video.But i got to add that in this stage the functions are very limted.There's no interface,and there are no controls except pause and resume.

Do you plan to include functions like bookmark,fast forward,go to time-frame and custom thumbnails?
jonny

Post by jonny »

thanks malloc, your code is useful and will save me time!

@imutau & therock003:
still don't get what you mean with ff & rew (i guess it's something different to what you obtain with left and right psp buttons :)

@csuper:
are things looking better now? :)
therock003

Post by therock003 »

lol seriously th only buttons i haven't tried were left and right!I even tried the lights and music effects buttons!

As for the other functions?Bookmark function would be great.I tried malloc's version but it only stores information the first time i exit.If iresume and press triangle again it resumes at the point where i first exited.

Yazoo are you sure that there's a 0.5x stable/final version?
yazooo

Post by yazooo »

0.5x is the latest beta of WinMEnc, but all I know of it as the info posted earlier, have not found a download link anywhere.
jonny

Post by jonny »

maybe i like more bookmark instead of always resume (still thinking about this)
go to time-frame will probably never be here :) (i'll probably add a fast seek with the analog controller + of course some sort of time indicator and timeline)
custom thumbnails ... better to fly over this request :P :)
therock003

Post by therock003 »

Yazoo yes you're right,i just realised that.So last version allows automatic pmp muxing as well?I also can't seem to find it.

Y not custom thumbnails?USer added of course in .thm format like on the psp menu?IT would be so cool!Plz!Just kidding,do whatever you see fit,it's your program after all!
therock003

Post by therock003 »

As for WinMEnc where can we get info?I can't get it tot work.When i select encode a black dos box pops and disapperas instantly.
arex

Post by arex »

mraeburn wrote:Using 3gp converter what settings do you have to cahge if the movie is 2.35:1 i.e 656x272, because if you use the 16:9 version this will stretch the movie?

Thanks
yes, i suggest you use 480x208, otherwise it will be stretched
artik

Post by artik »

jonny wrote:@imutau & therock003:
still don't get what you mean with ff & rew (i guess it's something different to what you obtain with left and right psp buttons :)
Jonny, the best way should be like on Mplayer. (and like XBMC on xbox, cauz it's mplayer sources) :

left / right : like now (don't touch anything :)
up / down : jump 10min

With this config, easy to return at the middle of a movie very fast with "UP" then, adjust with right or left :)
artik

Post by artik »

at all :

I tried many software / method to encode.

3GP gimme too big file compare virtual dub. and finally, the best is virtual dub using HOME THEATER pal (profile) and quantizer 1.
zshadow

Post by zshadow »

I encoded some high-quality CSI episodes from dvd @ 1900kbps video / 320kbps audio, its amazing on the psp :D

Again great work jonny!
therock003

Post by therock003 »

artik where can i find the profile you're tslking about?

zshadow

do they play fine?Cause 1900 is some serious bitrate!
Dnim

Post by Dnim »

10x for the great program

here're the icons i use; in case someone else likes them feel free to use them.

looks something close to this from the menu:

PNGs used:

icon0.png

pic1.png

cheers,
N
LVX
artik

Post by artik »

therock003 wrote:artik where can i find the profile you're tslking about?
In virtual dub, when you choose "video => compression => xvid => configure => profile" =) here you can select "home theater pal"

You found ?

***** updated*****
lastest xvix codec (1.1.0) MUST be installed
Last edited by artik on Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
therock003

Post by therock003 »

I'm encoding right now so i'' check it as soon as it's finished.So i just slect the profile?I don't have to set anything else?
artik

Post by artik »

therock003 wrote:I'm encoding right now so i'' check it as soon as it's finished.So i just slect the profile?I don't have to set anything else?
therock003, be careful, the lastest xvid codec must be installed
if not, you can get them here :

http://www.clubic.com/lancer-le-telecha ... aries.html

after selected "home theater pal" select 1 pass and target quantizer : 1.00
then, CLIC on "target quantizer" button, and "target bitrate" will appear. select 700 (or more if you want amazing quality, but 700 is perfect.

now, you can save as your project :)
Itaintrite

Post by Itaintrite »

Thanks malloc for the quick but dead useful features :)

@artik: do I use PAL for all videos? Even the NTSC ones?
therock003

Post by therock003 »

artik wrote:
therock003 wrote:I'm encoding right now so i'' check it as soon as it's finished.So i just slect the profile?I don't have to set anything else?
therock003, be careful, the lastest xvid codec must be installed
if not, you can get them here :

http://www.clubic.com/lancer-le-telecha ... aries.html

after selected "home theater pal" select 1 pass and target quantizer : 1.00
then, CLIC on "target quantizer" button, and "target bitrate" will appear. select 700 (or more if you want amazing quality, but 700 is perfect.

now, you can save as your project :)
I'm already using the lastest 1.1.0 koepi xvid.

Ok so i located the settings you suggested.What's the use of quantitizer?I think that you either use that or the bitarate,you can't use both quantitizer and target bitrate or am i wrong?

Also can i use adaptive quantization and bframes?Will the psp display the resulting file?

Thanx for your help.
artik

Post by artik »

Itaintrite wrote:@artik: do I use PAL for all videos? Even the NTSC ones?
in fact all my tests where better in pal.
In the video world : NTSC = Never The Same Color

hehe ;)
artik

Post by artik »

therock003 wrote:you can't use both quantitizer and target bitrate or am i wrong?
oops, typed too fast, i made a mistake.
of course, when target quantizer = 1, each frame is encoded with the same quality, without watching the bitrate. that's why you can select target quantizer OR bitrate. =)
therock003

Post by therock003 »

So do you suggest quantitizer or trget bitrate?

Also what does the profile has to offer?I hope it doesn't restrict the fps or res?
artik

Post by artik »

therock003 wrote:So do you suggest quantitizer or trget bitrate?
Depending of the quality you want (and your MS)

if you got a 1Gb MS, and wanna see a 2hours movie, select 800/700 (prefer 800 if you can). after you can encode the audio track at 96k to get more space.
therock003 wrote:Also what does the profile has to offer?I hope it doesn't restrict the fps or res?
Some profile restrict the bitrate or the framerate, some don't :) (you can select 10 000k with some profiles)
"UNRESTRICTED" profile .. as no limits
also "pofile" selection can set differents resolutions. but you normaly set a filter "resize" before encoding (in 480x272 for example) so the resolution in profiles are not enable if you choose a resize filter
therock003

Post by therock003 »

No i meant the specific one,home theater pal.If my video is 29.97 let's say,it will leave unalteres right?It won't change it to 25fps,right?
imutau

FF/REW & WinEnc 5.X Beta info

Post by imutau »

Wait? the left and right buttons? Lol what a concept (stupid me...)

As for the WinEnc 5.X beta just got word from Arex that it's only available on a Chinese BBS sooo... This might be a tad hard to get for a while.
therock003

Post by therock003 »

Jonny what can be done with the order the files appear?Can't they be sorted by the user or at least appear in alphabetical order?