PSPSOne or PSPcsx?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

thehalo2renegade

Post by thehalo2renegade »

I guess I will speak for most everyone since this is the most Anticipated emulator so far It would be awsome If you could give us a update more often and how close you think we are to playing a full speed emulator. I know that you aren't positive when everything will be working but you could give us a time frame.
kecC

Post by kecC »

PacManFan , do you know when are you going to realise the next beta version of PSPSONE?

I'm so excited, i'm want to play FF7 on my PSP as soon as posible!

Thanks!
emumaniac

Post by emumaniac »

i should say patience is required

itll be ready when its ready
PacManFan

An estimate

Post by PacManFan »

The most I can say is that it will be done when it's done. I've got my recompiler coded, now I need to go through the difficult task of debugging. It would be much easier if there was a PSP emualtor that supported debugging, but as is, I have to put in debugging code that logs to a file, run the application, see where it's crashing, make changes, and then repeat 500X. If anyone who knows MIPS assembly language wnats to help, the job will be done much faster.

-PMF
"I'm a little source code, short and stout
Here is my input, here is my out."

Author of PSPQuake and PSPSOne.
chronomaster5042

Re: An estimate

Post by chronomaster5042 »

PacManFan wrote:The most I can say is that it will be done when it's done.
That sounds like a quote form the Halo 2 devs >_> oh well I hope to see cloud on the psp before AC keep up the good work
thehalo2renegade

Post by thehalo2renegade »

man hopefully i can be playing tekken soon heh
blackflare

Post by blackflare »

I just wanted to say its real nice of you to work on this. I can wait as long as it takes. I've always dreamed of having a _real_ "playstation" portable. I don't know how much I can help, but if you need help doing a mundane repetitive task then I can lend a hand :)
cyod

Post by cyod »

There is an article about a PS emulator running nearly full speed on PSP on http://www.pspupdates.com. Does this have anything to do with you?
Smiths

Post by Smiths »

cyod wrote:There is an article about a PS emulator running nearly full speed on PSP on http://www.pspupdates.com. Does this have anything to do with you?
Original source: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8622
zabbyh

Post by zabbyh »

i think that's a fake. It seems like a video and he's just pressing the buttons at the right time. There's no telling how many times he tried before he got the timing right. I don't know if this is right but PacManFan should know; but the Sony logo in the start shows it is fake because that is part of the PS1 and is why emus like Bleem! don't have it, I think. correct me if I'm wrong
Latexxx

Post by Latexxx »

zabbyh wrote:but the Sony logo in the start shows it is fake because that is part of the PS1 and is why emus like Bleem! don't have it, I think. correct me if I'm wrong
Or he uses firmware extracted from origianl PS1.
Hazuki

Post by Hazuki »

he doesnt press start on the squaresoft logo, and as far as i can remember, you have to, otherwise it plays the music and credits, circle and X dont work if i remember right.

unless the ntsc one is different, or im senile.
PacManFan

Fake

Post by PacManFan »

Fake big time....

-PMF

zacay

Post by zacay »

My last post was deleted, and I just asked for a status report? is that illegal in this forum?
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Bumping threads for the heck of it is frowned upon, yes.

If you want to pester PacManFan do it via PM - I don't know why people love to post crap in development threads.

Anyway, if I keep seeing more of it I will filter it.
_Psycho

Post by _Psycho »

PacManFan do you have a webpage of your project ? I know you have one for your Quake PSP, I was wondering if you did one for PSXone (or whatever you will call it ;)

Edit: Another question there, do you think your dynamic recompiler or binary address translator (whatever you call it), could be used to do a similar work for a N64 emulators ?(Guessing the CPU is similar, the recompiler might just need some small adjustment. Or I am totally wrong and that's would require a lots of work ?
Lithnor

Post by Lithnor »

whatever happened to this..... did PMF give up or something?
PacManFan

Never give up

Post by PacManFan »

I haven't given up, it's just taking longer than I hoped. I'm not working on it as much as I used too, but I'm still putting in a few hours(5-10) a week.

I'll post an update when I get the dynamic recompiler working.

-PMF

zabbyh

Post by zabbyh »

www.pspcrazy.com has got news about a project called PSP PSOne emulator. Check it out you may be able to cut the workload if you work with this guy.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

zabbyh wrote:www.pspcrazy.com has got news about a project called PSP PSOne emulator. Check it out you may be able to cut the workload if you work with this guy.
Pocket PC (PPC) != PlayStation Portable (PSP).

There are some subtle differences.
zabbyh

Post by zabbyh »

but the article is called - Isn't the author of that ppc emlator thinking of making a PSOne emulator. I don't understand that article

9/6/05: PSP PSONE emulator to come onto the PSP?
sexdwarf

Post by sexdwarf »

zabbyh wrote:I don't understand that article
exactly, neither did the handful of "news" sites that put that up...there is no dev for it over there...
...isn't it nice, sugar and spice...
...luring disco dollies to a life of vice...
Cheddar

Post by Cheddar »

Hey Pacmanfan,

It's been awhile, just wondering how things are going? Did 'they' get you? Are you still hacking away, or have you given up on the project?
siso

Post by siso »

Hi PacManFan, but LDChen(the author of fpse) can help you, right?

To look this:http://pdai.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6602
Cheddar

Post by Cheddar »

Hello?
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Don't make me lock this thread. If you want to talk to PacManFan so badly, then PM or e-mail him. If he doesn't respond, get over it. Don't keep bumping the thread, it's irritating.
Cheddar

Post by Cheddar »

Arguably, this is one of the most anticipated of the emulators available for PSP. This forum is the most recent, and exclusive discussions regarding Pacmanfan's progress, which I might add is farther along than anyone else in this domain. Attempts at contacting Pacmanfan through pm and email has been fruitless. So your board is the only discussion available to get updates. Sorry if it bothers you, but isn't this why the board is here in the first place? PSP development? Requesting update for an item exclusive, it seems, to your forums? I think you may want to invite more discusiion, not only from Pacmanfan, but also from the community regarding this update. Your sitting on the single most exciting development for the psp and I don't want it to die. You shouldn't either, it's attracting attention to your site.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Are you a developer? Are you here to help PMF with his emulator? The admins here don't care about attention from users and fans, and that's one reason we no longer have a general discussion board. Bumping a thread with no development content is akin to having a general discussion board. Besides that, bumping a thread repeatedly within a span of 2-3 days is just bad forum etiquette, period. I will leave it open to help get the point across, but if you bump it again, it's locked. Locking the thread doesn't kill off the emulator, but it does prevent non-development posts from cluttering up the site.
Ihurtmyballs

hey im having trouble getting it to work :S

Post by Ihurtmyballs »

i did everything i thought was right and i guess everything or something i did was wrong can you help me out to get it on my psp firmware v1.50 i used kxploit and put that file in the bios maybe im putting stuff in the wrong place :S :(
I love Ashley
wuldstock

Post by wuldstock »

Are there any updates PacManFan? Haven't heard from you in a while. Have you finished your recompiler, and did it boost the performance as you predicted? Let us know what the status is, maybe there are some coders out there who can help if they know where the thing is in developement.
Feel the Rhythm. Spiral Out...