wipeout crashing psp

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

allthatinny

wipeout crashing psp

Post by allthatinny »

have anyone psp crash while playing wipeout?
ckinni

Post by ckinni »

No, however over at playstation.com i was reading the forums, and noticed two other people complaining about game crashes for the first time after they installed the 1.51 update, now it could be totally unrelated, but have you installed 1.51?
allthatinny

Post by allthatinny »

No, i have 1.5 installed but my psp crash for the first time when i was playing with a group, the host had the gamma pack 1 and after 1min the system just shut off. I just got the game so i dont have the pack and i didnt upgrade to 1.51
ckinni

Post by ckinni »

ok, sorry, just thought we may have been on to a trend there, but other than that i have no experience, so i cant tell ya anything.

sorry
allthatinny

Post by allthatinny »

seems to have something to do with the new wipeout downloads
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

yes it crash on me, i have 1.5, when i exit the game it says to press x, i press start then it just shut down on me. i dont know why. i am using the new package
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

okay it crashed on me again, just randomly. now i realize why it does this. when i'm playing wipeout and put it on stand by, and then re sume it it crashes. not alwyas but quite often.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
allthatinny

Post by allthatinny »

mines crashed on me once today after putting it in standby and yesterday when i was with our group it crashed like 3 times O.o
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

did you download the new pack?
nntb

Post by nntb »

Whipeout pure is buggy
issues i have seen
-audio going bad
-game freezing in network play
-game freezing on main title screen demo loop
-game freezing on starting race in a cercekt.

when rapidly hitting the HOME button whall demo is running you might mess up the graphics... i have sen an inverted bg. and some other graphical glitchs for 1 frame or 2
allthatinny

Post by allthatinny »

no i dont have the gamma pack Thanhda and i have a v1.5 but still get crashes O.o
Phour20

Post by Phour20 »

I dont think its all related to the 1.51 update or the extras.. I just think there are a few lil bugs yet in the game due to the fact that 2-3 days after I got the game I had it freeze and go back the the XMB menu (or reset I cant remember was like week 1 of the psp launch in US)
sq377

Post by sq377 »

I have had these crashes as well, no reason why. I've had it happen on full battery, i still have 1.5, and no wipeout updates. Haven't played the game in a while, but i've probably had it happen 5 times. It crashes, but it restarts. rather annoying.
Sarfa

Post by Sarfa »

nntb wrote:Whipeout pure is buggy
issues i have seen
-audio going bad
-game freezing in network play
-game freezing on main title screen demo loop
-game freezing on starting race in a cercekt.

when rapidly hitting the HOME button whall demo is running you might mess up the graphics... i have sen an inverted bg. and some other graphical glitchs for 1 frame or 2
It isn't JUST Wipeout Pure that does this. Need For Speed Underground Rivals does alot of these same things. There have been countless times that the audio goes bad when the game switches audiotracks. It's even had times were the system gets so framey it's hard to play. My system is still on 1.5. I seriously doubt that 1.51 will fix it.
Skye

Post by Skye »

My psp crashes all the time when I have my usb charger plugged into it.

Kind of annoying, when i was trying to look for menu glitches, my psp would shut off when i would hit Triangle alot. That just makes me more curious as too the question "is there a secret menu in there somewhere"?
Blackwidowman

1.51 update

Post by Blackwidowman »

The problem is the stand-by function. It was suppose to be address by Sony with the 1.50 upgrade, however it seems they may have missed the boat, could be the reason for the 1.51. Mine works fine and I did upgrade to 1.51, I dont care much for stealing other people work so no homebrew for me.
EdZ

Post by EdZ »

Recently W:P has been crashing an incredible amount of times, along with the DNS redirect ceasing to work.