Team xecuter

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Busby

Team xecuter

Post by Busby »

I've read on their forums that they claim/say they have the SDK and that they are 50% done on their "project" for the psp.

I know they've deleloped loads for the xbox and have pretty much always come through for that so I don't think they are liars or anything.

Will the SDK be of anyone use to them though if they still need the programmes they develop signed/encrypted by sony?

ta

Post by Guest »

The SDK is of no use to anyone here. The SDK is illegal to possess withot license. Any discussions concerning the SDK will not normally be treated favorably here.

UPDATE: I received a message that this team has a legit license and copy of the SDK. I was not familiar with this team and my first thought was otherwise, so my deep apologies for making anyone think they might not have been legit, and especially I want to express my apologies directly to Xecuter.

However, with respect to the original poster, since there was nothing discussed in the post except some vague project and talk of the SDK, I am not sure it is useful for discussion. But I will unlock the topic and see where it leads.
senas8

Post by senas8 »

SONY EULA prohibit the use of the SDK for piracy.

It will be interesting, what they release.
Hope they dont lose their license over it.
Busby

Post by Busby »

Thanks Gorim.

Seems strange how a team like xecuter who obviously deal with hacking consoles (mainly the xbox) would have gained access to a SDK via Sony although I'm not claiming they haven't legitimately.

Do you think maybe Sony approve this in a way to get the homebrew side of the psp appeased? i.e, someone who are experts are finding holes in hardware release their own software and thus a large majority of the psp homebrew side simply use xecuter's software and don't go digging around much further?

Hmm some longshots there :)

Post by Guest »

You are asking someone a bit biased here, aside from the fact I know nothing about this team.

I would say that if a legal entity (person or company) acquired rights (licenses and software usage) from Sony in exchange for paying money and signing lots of legal documents that give Sony lots of leeway, Sony is not going to care what they do with the SDK - so long as the letter of the contract/license is followed. Given that Sony also has to approve the release of any product here, they still have much power over what actually gets released or not.

Its hard to think of any relationship to homebrew there. They either come up with a product Sony will allow to be published, or they don't.

Again, this is assuming everything is on the level with this group, and I have no personal knowledge one way or the other - just what people are saying right now.

Since no details whatsoever have been mentioned in this thread concerning just what this Team is doing, it is real hard to comment on the likelihood of it being something that caters to homebrew, much less something done in arrangement with Sony. But again, anything is possible with enough money and lawyers. Guess who has the advantage there ?

Now here is my bias - I would say, thus far, homebrew is working out just fine without relying on any official developer to release anything, from a group skilled in Sony console hacking that strives to be as above-board as possible. :)
asmodi

Post by asmodi »

I have no real insight in Team Xecutor, but I highly doubt they have access to a legit SDK. Even if they do, in some weird way, I don't think they will use it for any legal project. Would have been nice if someone from Team Xectuor could replay here, or join #pspdev / #ps2dev on freenode. Gorim gaved them the benefit of the doubt. I, however, wont untill they replay with a good enough answer.
It's not in my nature to be mysterious, but I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.
Busby

Post by Busby »

Read on another forum that they may be launching their own 4 gig memory stick as they have cracked magicgate.

Not sure if I believe that myself.
sq377

Post by sq377 »

For those of you not wanting to sign up for their forums...

Posts of Xecutor on the subject.
actually the japanese psp's were released a while ago...
yep. b4 xmas.

and yes we have an sdk.

much work is still required so no breath holding.
there may or may not be a rls from some none xecuter team of the first dump of a umd disc in the next few days

probably wont happen - i may be teasing

who knows ?

in the meantime buy games u cheap asses - the currentrls's are sweet

I might be retarted (the doctors dont know yet lmao) but i thought that even if u had the sdk u would have to send ur working program to sony for them to encypt it so it could be read on a psp. If this is true whats the point in compiling a program when u cant just send it off to sony as well as the money it takes to get it encypted to be read on a psp? Dont hold me to this but i was thinking i read somewere that it was like 400 to get this process done.

whos says anyone would use the disc tho ?
Some other random person
the question is, why were the projects status removed from the website.....the PSP one was supposidly 60% done......now we'll never know
paragon

Post by paragon »

psp modchip - >_< never.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Somewhere, this thread has gone awry. Don't steer into topics that you know aren't allowed on these forums. Locked.