dc v6 graphics

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Torch

Post by Torch »

phobox wrote:in crt0 file you have called vlfGuiInit(15000, app_main);
where 15000 are the kilos of heap, right?
how do you choose that value? or a least how should it be choosen? how much free space vlf lib needs?
The value is in KiB. In my test with the first beta, it required around 5.5MB to work properly with the Wave and one of the built in backgrounds.

The size you give will be allocated to the heap for use with malloc and other libc stuff. The remaining will be left free for allocation by SCE alloc functions or other modules.

Negative values are also working, to allocate all EXCEPT that much.
k!rk

Post by k!rk »

Much thanks Moonlight!

Btw: Right click download works fine for me.
pspwill

Post by pspwill »

Is this the correct way to do an event handler?

Code: Select all

vlfGuiAddEventHandler(PSP_CTRL_CROSS, 0, TestFunc, NULL);
When i do this in PSPLink i get an exception. Im using this on 1.5 withour custom firmware could that be the problem?
raing3

Post by raing3 »

Thanks for the update
Art

Post by Art »

Very nice!
Don't know how I missed it for so long.
Does vlf stand for something?
If not actually, then potentially.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Art wrote:Very nice!
Don't know how I missed it for so long.
Does vlf stand for something?
vsh look and feel.
phobox

Post by phobox »

here my wishlist:
-vlfGuiSetInputBoxXY
-vlfGuiSetInputBoxVisibility
-vlfGuiSetCheckBoxXY
-vlfGuiSetCheckBoxVisibility
-vlfGuiSetSpinXY
-vlfGuiSetSpinVisibility

-vlfGuiSetRectangleXY
-vlfGuiSetRectangleXYEx(this one with the possibility of an effect on the move, like the xmb menu does)
-vlfGuiSet*XYEx(like above)

-vlfGuiSetTextColor

-what about of a context for focusable items that handles their focus with up/down keypresses? maybe customizable buttons...

-...and a context for pages? like:
-vlfGuiAddPageContext(int numberOfPages)
-vlfGuiAddPageToContext(ctx, void (*showPage)(void), void (*closePage)(void), [int index])
...and this will automatically handle left and right key presses (like now) but without OnNext/previousPage functions.

-intraFont 0.24.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

The OOP design of the C++/D wrappers will help me find those missing functions like the ones you mentioned. I didn't know there was a newer version of intrafont.
Art

Post by Art »

Probably the menu clicking sound would be nice if it can be done.
If not actually, then potentially.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

pspwill wrote:Is this the correct way to do an event handler?

vlfGuiAddEventHandler(PSP_CTRL_CROSS, 0, TestFunc, NULL);
When i do this in PSPLink i get an exception. Im using this on 1.5 withour custom firmware could that be the problem?
that's odd. vlf should work in 1,5 except for some things like checkbox that are from rco's not found in 1.5.
pspwill

Post by pspwill »

Im not using any checkboxes. Every time i create an event handler my code crashes, it also crashes when i try to set the progress of a progress bar.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

does the loginscreen sample works for you in 1,5? (except for the checkbox there)
pspwill

Post by pspwill »

the compiled sample that is included with vlf 1.0 does not work on my psp. im using 1.5 on Time Machine if that makes any difference.

*EDIT*

Also i have noticed that when i load it from the XMB the PSP does its normal crash response and turns off but when i load it using PSPLink no exception is generated even though it is crashing.
phobox

Post by phobox »

moonlight wrote:I didn't know there was a newer version of intrafont.
http://www.psp-programming.com/benhur
..and now there is 0.25...
Ciao! from Italy
raing3

Post by raing3 »

Just a few questions about some problems I'm having with this release:

- Is it possible to make an array of the various VLF controls (eg. VlfText vlf_texts[10];) to create 10 VlfText items. I'm having trouble doing this and the program is crashing whereas when I erase them. Back in the beta when I was doing it them as integers it was alright.

- Is it possible to show no buttons (I use to call vlfGuiCancelBottomDialog() but now it just crashes if the cross button is only shown, would it be possible to make it so when that is called it doesn't crash and removes the cross. I'm probably doing something wrong)

- Make it possible to try and remove controls which have no pointer without crashing like when you use to return an ID of the control it was possible to remove controls that don't exist (if thats possible)

- When removing a VlfText (and other VLF controls) set the value back to NULL

- Don't crash if removing items which aren't added (this would be extremely helpful)

Anyway good work with 1.0 I'm still sticking to the beta until I can fix the problems but the new controls look sweet and so does the skype example. I hope you get the new wave added soon. Bet Sony added the wave just to screw with you.

Most of the problems are because I'm sort of lazy and do not want to have a whole lot of VlfText items. And I need to have nothing as the bottom dialog.
Torch

Post by Torch »

Some minor issues:
1) When using rectangle fade and it covers part of a central menu, it fades away only few items that are completely in the rectangle and not the whole menu.

I guess it might be better to add a separate fade function for the menus instead of being forced to use rectangle fade. Sometimes there might be other objects in the same area that we don't want to fade.

2) When rectangle fade out around 15 items, it lags a bit. Fade in of 15 items doesn't lag.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Moonlight, do vlf support any type of menu to save a file? Something like whats in the internet browser to download files?

And will it support the menu type the internet browser menu uses.
Torch

Post by Torch »

Do you have some kind of license for this? I want to use it for my project GUI.
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Torch wrote:Do you have some kind of license for this? I want to use it for my project GUI.
Well you can use it as you want, I'm not gonna bother to make a license xD
Torch

Post by Torch »

moonlight wrote:
Torch wrote:Do you have some kind of license for this? I want to use it for my project GUI.
Well you can use it as you want, I'm not gonna bother to make a license xD
They are reluctant to accept closed source stuff as public domain. You could just use BSD license. Basically means do what you want no strings attached.
raing3

Post by raing3 »

I have just a couple more requests/problems.

- Allow PSP_CTRL_HOME to be used with vlfGuiAddEventHandler (or do you know how I can prevent the exit dialog come up and replace it with a vlf message dialog.
- I'm having an issue running programs which utilize vlf on a 1.50 PSP. I have tried with and without the permanent kxploit patcher and I've also tried with and without the CFW POC installed. The programs run on 150 and 150_340 under time machine but do not work on the proper firmware. The applications don't crash they just don't continue to app_main. Do you know any workaround for this or even why it is happening?

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the 1.0 vlf library a couple of days ago so its working properly now (I think I was removing the bottom dialog when it didn't exist and I wasn't removing the array of text variables correctly). I can even get more than 2 pages now. BTW are you still working on Time Machine its one of my favourite apps and theres only been one release. I'd like to see 1.00 and hopefully converting the Datel PSPAR IPL to be TM compatible.

Thanks.
Torch

Post by Torch »

raing3 wrote: - Allow PSP_CTRL_HOME to be used with vlfGuiAddEventHandler (or do you know how I can prevent the exit dialog come up and replace it with a vlf message dialog.
Thanks.
Eh...Don't register the exit callback?? Then the Home screen won't show up.

You can only detect Home button from a kernel PRX that you must load...Unless moonlight adds sceCtrl* stuff to kubridge then updates vlf to use that function so you can add an event handler directly from your EBOOT.

Otherwise you need to load your own kernel PRX that reads the buttons for Home button.
raing3

Post by raing3 »

Ok thanks.
Cruiserx

Post by Cruiserx »

Hi. I was just wondering, is it possible to have a Menu scroll?
Zer01ne

Post by Zer01ne »

Hello i have a question how to focus a picture if rco ressource ?
victorprosa

Post by victorprosa »

Sorry for asking a so basic thing, but i am having some trouble with the progress bar...

X and Y must be set in what? Pixels?

I am trying to keep the progress bar in the center of the screen, can someone tell me the position i must use?

PS: I am asking this, because text is set in "0x200" for example, but VLF default X align, is "3" second vlf.h, this making me a bit confusing...
Torch

Post by Torch »

I don't understand exactly what your question is. The position is given in pixels X,Y.

Use the ordinary add progress bar function, not the Ex one. In the ordinary add progress bar function you just give the vertical Y coordinate in pixels. It is automatically centered horizontally.
victorprosa

Post by victorprosa »

Thanks for anwering, just one more question...

for centralized height, i must use:

VlfProgressBar vlfGuiAddProgressBar(136);

(range from 0 to 272)

or

VlfProgressBar vlfGuiAddProgressBar(0);
(range from -136 to 136)

I am asking this, because i've never defined a X,Y position in PSP, and don't know the range of it in PSP...
Torch

Post by Torch »

Its from 0.
Torch

Post by Torch »

I'm having this same problem:
- Is it possible to show no buttons (I use to call vlfGuiCancelBottomDialog() but now it just crashes if the cross button is only shown, would it be possible to make it so when that is called it doesn't crash and removes the cross. I'm probably doing something wrong)
When bottom dialog is created with vlfGuiBottomDialog(-1, VLF_DI_ENTER, 1, 0, VLF_DEFAULT, NULL); then vlfGuiCancelBottomDialog(); instantly crashes.

Whereas vlfGuiBottomDialog(VLF_DI_ENTER, VLF_DI_CANCEL, 1, 0, VLF_DEFAULT, NULL); can be cancelled.