PSP 4000 Development?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Dariusc123456

PSP 4000 Development?

Post by Dariusc123456 »

As we all know that the new PSP 4000 is coming this fall, and as we all know sony patch up a few things to block any hacking. Will there be any planes for homebrew development for the new psp, other than finding exploits to work on? Will it have a new build sdk for it? And one is how will the "No UMD Support" affect the development scenes for allowing UMD Backup?

If sony do what Mircosoft did and have people pay to have there programs on the playstation, or alease sell there signing tool for other companies, hobbist, and other programmers so it wont cause problems because hacking will be taken place once it comes out. All it takes is one exploit and then people have homebrew.

Please, if you dont have anything to say that really answer this question, dont say anything.

Thank you for your time.
cloudboy

Post by cloudboy »

The psp go will use the same official sdk as the original psp
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

But things could change since there wont be no UMD support, and they could have rebuild the pspsdk remaking everything for it. I am not sure, but they did say that PSP Go will have bluetooth support (and propperly have 802.11 G unlock). Knowing sony, they are up to something to stop homebrew development on there product. But knowing one of the SCEJ will leak out something about the PSP Go.
Wally

Post by Wally »

I bet we'll have GCC 4.4.0 by the time the PSP GO is hacked :D
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Dariusc123456 wrote:But things could change since there wont be no UMD support, and they could have rebuild the pspsdk remaking everything for it.
It'll be just like downloadable demos are right now... except it will be the full game instead of the demo. No UMD doesn't mean anything with the current PSP SDK.

I am not sure, but they did say that PSP Go will have bluetooth support (and propperly have 802.11 G unlock).
This will probably just be another module, much like the adhoc is right now. This will be an addition to the SDK, but it won't mean the whole thing is changed. Sony will want to keep this as close to the current SDK as possible so that games for the Go will work on regular PSPs without change (and vice versa). The only difference is no UMD, and regular PSPs won't have BT.
Marach

Post by Marach »

I live in Poland and I'm already saving my money for it :)
I will buy it whenever it will come out.

Back to the topic: The truth is that every hardware that supports digital distribution of games OR gives an access to any media created by games (or games itself) CAN BE HACKED. Maybe it will block something, but most things will be possible.
Let's look into the past:

PSP 1000:
- 1.00 - no comment xD
- 1.50 - kxploit
- 2.xx up to 3.71 - ALOT of UMD exploits
- in the meantime - UMD images loaders by dax (Dark-alex)
PSP 2000:
- pandora battery, but disabled kernel 1.50
- Dark-aleX - lots of M33 firmwares enabling homebrew and running ISO UMD images
- 3.xx - ps1 emulator hacked
- 5.xx - psstore hacked
- in the meantime - almost full sopport for 1.50 kernel by pbp packers, team noobz eLoader and dax LEDA plugin (I use Noobz eLoader)
PSP 3000:
- unreleased GripShift exploit
- ChickHEN and software for it enabling almost everything what M33 firmwares can do (ie. loading plugins)
PSP Go:
Admins fill this space when it's a good time xDDD

So,
THEY will hack everything what's possible to hack - sooner or later. It's too late for Sony to prevent that, the only way to stop homebrew and ISOs is to make a completely new console with new hardware and SDK and disabling digital distribution of media, and they will not do it. Maybe with PSP2... somewhere in galaxy...
Sorry in advance for a boring, long and useless post.

THE END <applause>
Why my REAL email adress has been BANNED???
marach5 (at) gmail (dot) com ???
Torch

Post by Torch »

It would be no different from hacking the TA-088v3 and the 3000.
angelo

Post by angelo »

The PSP scene is dying anyway and I think a redesign would prolly mean that the next PSP will be very hard to bypass.

After 4 years of this who can be bothered to do it all again...
MysticWhiteDragon

Post by MysticWhiteDragon »

I wish that Sony would just do something like Micro$oft's XNA creator program.
Torch

Post by Torch »

MysticWhiteDragon wrote:I wish that Sony would just do something like Micro$oft's XNA creator program.
Without kernel mode, half the available homebrew will be useless. My PSP will be useless to me without kernel mode.
Marach

Post by Marach »

That's a good question. Even if Sony mamde a paid defelopers program, they won't give access to kernel mode, because it could leave the gate open for mode, UMD dumping, skins and custom firmwares, and with all them, hackers could easily hack this system to remove all restrictions. And what Sony gains with it then? Nothing.
It's too late for Sony to fight with piracy. If they can't fix it in previous consoles (PSP-1000, PSP-2000), they will be used to hack into newer.
Why my REAL email adress has been BANNED???
marach5 (at) gmail (dot) com ???
Torch

Post by Torch »

Marach wrote:That's a good question. Even if Sony mamde a paid defelopers program, they won't give access to kernel mode, because it could leave the gate open for mode, UMD dumping, skins and custom firmwares, and with all them, hackers could easily hack this system to remove all restrictions. And what Sony gains with it then? Nothing.
It's too late for Sony to fight with piracy. If they can't fix it in previous consoles (PSP-1000, PSP-2000), they will be used to hack into newer.
The problem lies with native backwards compatibility. If they were to design new hardware for new games and supporting B/C like the 60GB PS3 with additional hardware/software, then they could easily make the system (humanly) uncrackable. Exploits found in the old games would be sandboxed or whatever and harmless.

If the PSP was launched with 5.50, then I don't think we would be anywhere with it, no better than how we've progressed with "hacking" the PS3. Even though the hardware was insecure, it would not have been discovered.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Torch: By now, son could have found most of the umd exploits, and patch them up in 5.50 along with that tiff exploit.