dosbox

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Exenteth

Post by Exenteth »

I also get the 0000 but it seems to not matter, I'm still able to copy folders/make folders/save games on the drive
Wally

Post by Wally »

Hocus Pocus also has problems with the enter key mapping (On top of skyroads, skyroads Xmas and other games)
kando

Post by kando »

i must say, i love you for this...playing moraff's world on psp is breathtaking.

but yes, i have the same issue...mapping the enter button doesnt seem to work properly, it doesnt act as "enter".

i even tried "nenter" instead, and the same thing.

hocus pocus, skyroads 3d, a few others wont work without enter :<

otherwise i love this program!!! <3

i AM able to get the above programs working if i dont use the INPUTMAP and just hold up and hit cross to switch to arrow keys (start works as enter perfectly when not using the INPUTMAP), but if i press arrow left and then arrow down, a stream of "1"'s starts to pour out as if i was holding "1" until i hit down again to stop it. possibly a glitch?

space ace is unplayable...cant get through the opening "selection" screen without enter, and with the above "trick" it is near impossible to hit "0" to play the game with, which is a required key.

still, <3

cheers!
-kando
irc.malloc.us Services Administrator
Owner of #psp
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

I've put up a new binary that will hopefully fix the enter mapping, the pic command problems and adds CHOICE. I'll put a patch up if the mapping works and when I fix the splitscreen vga problem.
kando

Post by kando »

crazyc wrote:I've put up a new binary that will hopefully fix the enter mapping, the pic command problems and adds CHOICE. I'll put a patch up if the mapping works and when I fix the splitscreen vga problem.
excellent, ill be sure to test it as soon as i can find someone on the server who can compile an elf file >.< hehe

*EDIT* EXCELLENT! we have a compiled version, enter mapping is fixed!!

permission to release the new eboot? :)

<3
-kando
Owner of #psp
poomex

Post by poomex »

For what reason you want to release new EBOOT?

Everybody can change binary elf file name to EBOOT.PBP and put it into __SCE__DOSBOX___ folder.
bomer

Post by bomer »

Hi, First of, I love you emu man! Its spiggin terrific! :) Its this sort of apps that make a PSP worth owning!

Just wondering, where is the latest binary?

-edit, My bad, got the link half way down the first page.

Did you ever think of creating a blog to post all the latest updates and what not? I really like StrmnNmn's Daedalus (n64 emulator for PSP) blog and check it every day. Its just a nice easy way to stay on top of things for hopefully you and those like me who want to keep up to date with your developments.
OckHAM

Post by OckHAM »

Yes, the problem of the 0.000 kb was not important (the saving problem was related to the game tested): now almost every game runs VERY smooth if you are able to disable sound from the game configuration.

I have a question about binding; I have used the template included in the eboot package that is

@ECHO OFF
INPUTMAP up up
INPUTMAP right right
INPUTMAP down down
INPUTMAP left left
INPUTMAP start enter

to bind directonial keys to keyboard arrows. Enter seems to work, but not the directional keys. Are the commands correct?
Last edited by OckHAM on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
kando

Post by kando »

poomex wrote:For what reason you want to release new EBOOT?

Everybody can change binary elf file name to EBOOT.PBP and put it into __SCE__DOSBOX___ folder.
LOL thats all you had to do was rename dosbox. to eboot.pbp? cant be....

are u sure? ;x

if so....wow do i feel dumb :)
-kando
Owner of #psp
Weaver1497

Post by Weaver1497 »

What "little tricks" are you editing into the config file to make dosbox run a little quicker?

I currently am running frameskip at 1 with sound on, and besides the sound being a little hiccupy on game it runs pretty damn well.

Also CrazyC is this about as fast as its going to get? Is there room for improvement? Would love to see what else this emu can pull out!

Anyway PLEASE keep up the good work! And THANK YOU!!!!
Exenteth

Post by Exenteth »

OckHAM wrote:Yes, the problem of the 0.000 kb was not important (the saving problem was related to the game tested): now almost every game runs VERY smooth if you are able to disable sound from the game configuration.

I have a question about binding; I have used the template included in the eboot package that is

@ECHO OFF
INPUTMAP up up
INPUTMAP right right
INPUTMAP down down
INPUTMAP left left
INPUTMAP start enter

to bind directonial keys to keyboard arrows. Enter seems to work, but not the directional keys. Are the commands correct?
Looks fine, but if you don't use the INPUTMAP exec <program> at the end the bindings will not be applied when the game is run
start is binded to enter by default so that might be why it works and nothing else does
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

Weaver1497 wrote: Also CrazyC is this about as fast as its going to get? Is there room for improvement? Would love to see what else this emu can pull out!
The most improvement, by far, would come from a reworking of the CPU core. I've got some ideas, but anything that I implement will take time.
NotebookKiller

Post by NotebookKiller »

Sorry for the stupid question... but can I download anywhere source tree with patch applied?
futaris

Post by futaris »

Alright, I tried again with the latest SVN (2256) toolchain and got:

Code: Select all

psp-g++  -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -lm -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib -lpspnet_inet -lpspdebug -lpspgu -lpspctrl -lpspge -lpspdisplay -lpsphprm -lpspsdk -lpsprtc -lpspaudio -lc -lpspuser -lpsputility -lpspkernel -lpspnet_inet -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/include -Os -frename-registers -ffast-math -G0 -finline -finline-limit=300 -lpspnet_inet -I/usr/local/pspdev/psp/include/SDL -Dmain=SDL_main  -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib -lc -lpspuser -lpspnet_inet -o dosbox  dosbox.o cpu/libcpu.a debug/libdebug.a dos/libdos.a fpu/libfpu.a  hardware/libhardware.a gui/libgui.a ints/libints.a misc/libmisc.a shell/libshell.a -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -lm -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib -lpspnet_inet -lpspdebug -lpspgu -lpspctrl -lpspge -lpspdisplay -lpsphprm -lpspsdk -lpsprtc -lpspaudio -lc -lpspuser -lpsputility -lpspkernel -lpspnet_inet -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -lm -L/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sdk/lib -lpspnet_inet -lpspdebug -lpspgu -lpspctrl -lpspge -lpspdisplay -lpsphprm -lpspsdk -lpsprtc -lpspaudio -lc -lpspuser -lpsputility -lpspkernel -lpspnet_inet -lpng -lz
gui/libgui.a&#40;sdlmain.o&#41;&#58;&#40;.rodata.sceModuleInfo+0x0&#41;&#58; multiple definition of `module_info'
/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/libSDLmain.a&#40;SDL_psp_main.o&#41;&#58;psp/SDL_psp_main.c&#58;123&#58; first defined here
gui/libgui.a&#40;sdlmain.o&#41;&#58;&#40;.data+0xc8&#41;&#58; multiple definition of `sce_newlib_attribute'
/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/libSDLmain.a&#40;SDL_psp_main.o&#41;&#58;psp/SDL_psp_main.c&#58;123&#58; first defined here
/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/libSDLmain.a&#40;SDL_psp_main.o&#41;&#58; In function `main'&#58;
psp/SDL_psp_main.c&#58;&#40;.text+0x308&#41;&#58; undefined reference to `SDL_main'
collect2&#58; ld returned 1 exit status
Any suggestions?
Weaver1497

Post by Weaver1497 »

CrazyC,
Take all the time you need, also I dont know if you know this or not but you should check sites like psp-hacks.com, dcemu.co.uk, and pspupdates.com to name a few if you havent. They have all posted the eboots of your version of dosbox, and all the comments are extremely positive of what youre doing! You deserve the accolades in my opinion! So please keep up the incredible work!

On a side note I got two very graphic intensive CD based adventure games up and running this past weekend. Space Quest 6 and Kings Quest 7. It was absolutely incredible to see them running on my PSP a dream come true man! So thanks again!
squiggly

Post by squiggly »

crazyc wrote:I've posted a new version that fixes Alone in the Dark. If anyone cares this patch is the fix. I also added some other random patches from dosbox cvs I have no idea which games they fix.
I care...but I cant seem to get it working properly. The game plays but there's no sound and I cant not enjoy the music and effects. I've got windows xp so I've heard that's a problem. How does this patch thing work?

I've even downloaded dosbox and tried to follow peoples instructions to get it to work but it keeps coming up with errors...such as

Error: CD Not Found
No CD-ROM driver

It's not as much fun without the funky music and the "Morning Sir"...or "Hey you"...(I only know of this cos I had AITD 2 on ps1...but I bought them all for the pc off ebay recently).

Anybody got a solution to this or a better guide to pleasing dosbox?

ta

Squiggly

p.s. i'm also having problems with castles 2 not playing on xp too
"I'm Brian...and so's my wife"
adtbm

Post by adtbm »

Dear Squiggly,

You should read this Thread more carefully !!!

If i understand your post correctly you are having problems to get DosBox running under WinXP !?!

This is the PSP !!! Development Forum. The Dosbox CrazyC is working on, over here for more than a Year allready, is the DOSBox for the PSP nothing less nothing more. NO WINXP !!!!

So you should go with your question to the official DosBox forum and post your Question over there !!! They will probably help you.
Here you are absolutely wrong. Sorry
squiggly

Post by squiggly »

adtbm wrote:Dear Squiggly,

You should read this Thread more carefully !!!

If i understand your post correctly you are having problems to get DosBox running under WinXP !?!

This is the PSP !!! Development Forum. The Dosbox CrazyC is working on, over here for more than a Year allready, is the DOSBox for the PSP nothing less nothing more. NO WINXP !!!!

So you should go with your question to the official DosBox forum and post your Question over there !!! They will probably help you.
Here you are absolutely wrong. Sorry
Absolutely wrong you say...

Not quite....it is in fact google that is wrong. It took me to a particular page on this topic and all I saw was a post regarding Alone In The Dark and dosbox. I've tried most of the links google comes up with but it seems xp is just too advanced for these old games. I wasn't going to assume that just because this was a psp forum that people using psps dont have flashy pcs also, tho psps do seem to be a cheaper alternative.

I'll continue my quest elsewhere then...
"I'm Brian...and so's my wife"
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

I've been out of town, so I haven't been able to read this thread or do any coding recently. I still plan to fix those bugs from earlier very soon.
futaris wrote:Alright, I tried again with the latest SVN (2256) toolchain and got:

Any suggestions?
This happens because the makefile includes SDL_main. I suppose I'd better fix the configure script to make it possible for others to build it easily.
So please keep up the incredible work!
Thanks.
I'll continue my quest elsewhere then...
Try http://vogons.zetafleet.com/index.php?c=7.
Lopin18

Post by Lopin18 »

Hmm: Im trying Sword of Samurai...

I mapped the buttons im going to use fine, but when the game starts i have to answer Y or N for some configs... and i cant write letters, normally if i dont inputmap the keys, i can combo type, but after i keymap i cant.... just types the inputmapped ones

in that case: If i inputmap the buttons im gonna use, How do can i use the keyboard combos in game????
arcanumxiii

Post by arcanumxiii »

Very great work crazyc on this amazing emulator ! keep doing the great work !

To everyone, did you try running Dungeon keeper (dos exec) ? And did you find a way to make it work ?
About this one and my different tries, it launches, goes to the video (very very slow), and then i have this message : exit to error : CPU_setseggeneral : stack segment zero

Any clue how to fix that ?
Thanks in advance for your answers.
DarthGameR

Post by DarthGameR »

OckHAM wrote: Image
how did you get that menu?
Exenteth

Post by Exenteth »

the file you can download here http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/06/07/dos ... -01062007/

contains everything you need for that menu - just use the readme to figure out how to install
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

New patch and binary. The vga splitscreen problem is fixed and keyboard mode can be toggled with ltrig+rtrig+down+select (holler if there are any problems with this, I minimally tested it).
To everyone, did you try running Dungeon keeper (dos exec) ? And did you find a way to make it work ?
About this one and my different tries, it launches, goes to the video (very very slow), and then i have this message : exit to error : CPU_setseggeneral : stack segment zero
Protected mode support is very touchy. There is a lot of stuff that doesn't (much stuff will never, i.e. win95, privateer) work right.
Exenteth

Post by Exenteth »

crazyc wrote:New patch and binary. The vga splitscreen problem is fixed and keyboard mode can be toggled with ltrig+rtrig+down+select (holler if there are any problems with this, I minimally tested it).
Protected mode support is very touchy. There is a lot of stuff that doesn't (much stuff will never, i.e. win95, privateer) work right.
sorry I'm new to all this >< where can I get it and how do I apply them/get them to work?
narrus

Post by narrus »

crazyc wrote:Protected mode support is very touchy. There is a lot of stuff that doesn't (much stuff will never, i.e. win95, privateer) work right.
Privateer was a great game. That's a sad thing to hear. Are the original WC and WC2 playable? I haven't tried them yet.

Day of the Tentacle ran no problem, though I still need to see what keys I need. I'm still playing with wolf3d. I've got it mostly playable but the mouse is still a little slow even at 100 sensitivity. I run out of keys by mapping the directionals.

I'm guessing it won't but any chance Dark Forces would run? I did copy the whole contents of the CD to my mem stick, but I think I may have borked the Dark.exe file when I was testing things on the PC. (installed priv2 and it both to default dirs (c:\dark)... doh). Haven't had a chance to test it since.
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

narrus wrote: Privateer was a great game. That's a sad thing to hear. Are the original WC and WC2 playable? I haven't tried them yet.
The JEMM memory manager, used by Privateer, uses paging and so won't work with the current codebase. It could possibly work with a high level reimplementation of JEMM like MyJEMM.
narrus wrote:I'm guessing it won't but any chance Dark Forces would run? I did copy the whole contents of the CD to my mem stick, but I think I may have borked the Dark.exe file when I was testing things on the PC. (installed priv2 and it both to default dirs (c:\dark)... doh). Haven't had a chance to test it since.
Dark forces works in the PC Dosbox 0.60 and so should be fixable on the PSP.
sorry I'm new to all this >< where can I get it and how do I apply them/get them to work?
Get the binary linked on the first page of the thread, rename it to EBOOT.PBP and put it in the appropriate directory (without the %).
futaris

Post by futaris »

You should run Day of the Tentacle and most other adventure games in ScummVM...
BurnCycle

Post by BurnCycle »

Incradible... I've got F1GP to work! :D (running incradible slow too :) )
Isn't possible to had a keyboard display like in Spectrum Emulator? That whould be a great feature...
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

BurnCycle wrote: Isn't possible to had a keyboard display like in Spectrum Emulator? That whould be a great feature...
I'm open to alternative keyboards, just give me a URL. The keyboard must (or at least can be modified to) support all 101 AT keys though. I'd like to support IR keyboards, but I don't have one right now so i won't be able to test it.