PMP Mod v2.02 & PMP Mod AVC v1.02

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Phuncz

Post by Phuncz »

Great I'll test it out ! Could you explain what exactly we are looking at ? :D

I'm able to encode with a Pentium D 830 here at work, so I can test how it fares on the dual-core systems.

Thanks to all the programmers making our PSP-addict lives so much more enjoyable ! Shout-outs to the PMP "Modders" !!
miemt11

PMP Simple Converter 0.02 for memcoder and pmp_muxer

Post by miemt11 »

PMP Simple Converter 0.02 for memcoder and pmp_muxer

Change from version 0.01

1: Fix the pmp_muxer.exe (if pmp_muxer.exe is not available, encoding will not continue )
2: add 160x120, 368X208 and 400x192 resolution
3: Add high quality encoding option
4: minor fix ...

http://rapidshare.de/files/10712468/PMP ... 2.rar.html

or

http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0VU2 ... CD6S3OJH77

What it do?

1: Convert any video (rmvb, avi mpg, wmv) to PSP PMP format

2: Support size is 320x240, 360x272 and 480x272 resolution

3: All PMP output video are harddup enable

4: Encode Process Priority

Component Requirement:

1: Get all the memcoder component from here
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html
and intall all any directory you like. e.g. C:\Memcoder

2: Put pmp_muxer.exe to the intall directory e.g. C:\Memcoder

3: Now extract my PMP Simple to the intall directory e.g. C:\Memcoder

4: .Net Framework Runtime 2.00 from here
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... tnetfx.exe

Develop by miemt11 Date 10 Jan 2006
Phuncz

Post by Phuncz »

Oh, I forgot to mention: I can host the files on a fast webspace if needed. Normally it isn't bandwidth limited. So if the programmers here like Jonny, miemt11 and others need a place for the encoders/players, just mail me at [email protected]
Phuncz

Post by Phuncz »

I tried the new version on a different PC (same os: Windows XP SP2 Dutch), it still gave the error. "Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden" is Dutch for "The system can't locate the appropriate file", I translated it the last time.
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at PMP_Simple.Form1.EncodePMPbutton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PMP Simple
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Documents%20and%20Settings/iXtreme%20H7800/Bureaublad/PMP%20Simple/PMP%20Simple.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
blabla
It encoded at about 740fps the first run and 160fps the second run with an animation (Family Guy episode) in High Quality mode. Other programs running are SmartFTP, Irfanview displaying a slideshow, Winamp, MSN Messenger and other various programs.
imhotep

Re: PMP Simple Converter 0.02 for memcoder and pmp_muxer

Post by imhotep »

miemt11 wrote:PMP Simple Converter 0.02 for memcoder and pmp_muxer

hmm. always closes the command line window for me after the mencoder-step.
i followed the readme exactly, can anybody help?
Itaintrite

Re: Eboot icon and background

Post by Itaintrite »

Ninja wrote:My own version of PMP icon and background...feel free to use it to customize your PMP eboot file.. and, a million thanks to jonny for an awesome application.. :)

You can download it here: PMP Mod Eboot Package
Very nice indeed. I'd consider using it, but it would mess up the pochi theme I have for all/most of my homebrews :)
imutau

PMP Player for the PC

Post by imutau »

Just wondering if there is a PMP Player for the PC.

Just to see how good the quality is on my PC and to see if things like subs work through different encoders and such.

I'm currently using the WinEnc 5.X Beta and it does everything great (encode, hard sub, batch mode, and other setting changes.)

I just need to find a way to reduce file size. I got a 1.4 gig movie down to 800 mb by lowering the frames to 23 fps and lowering the audio to 96 kbps but I still want it smaller. Like around 500 mb. Guess i'll keep trying different settings.
therock003

Post by therock003 »

one last request.Is it possible to inlude support for external hdd?Cause i just bought an otg device and it would really come in handy if there is support so i can browse media of it!
NyNex

Post by NyNex »

I have been making more probes. With some films, adjusting "Target quantizer" setting instead of "Target bitrate" setting, I have got lower size pmp files, but they have audiojumping.

I have uploaded Jarhead trailer. It works perfect on MS and almost perfect on Datel HDD.

VideoCompression:
XviD
One pass 1200kbps
NO GMC
NO QPEL
NO B-VOP
Cropped and resized (lanczos3)

AudioCompression:
mp3 CBR
128kbps
44100Hz

http://rapidshare.de/files/10720036/Jar ... r.pmp.html

Enjoy!
dbl

Mencoder Optimized Setting

Post by dbl »

After much experimentation I thought I'd share my curent mencoder settings that I'm most pleased with so far.
Nearly all of these have been discovered by others in this thread (full credit to them), I've just collected them all in one place (and in some cases found the mencoder equivalents of virtualdub options).

These settings achieve:

- Scaling using Lanczos algorithm for sharpness. [-sws 9]
- Disable "no data" frames (to prevent 'frame size can't be 0' error). [-vf harddup]
- Widest motion search. [vhq]
- Disable B-frames (In my opinion, the most reliable way to prevent audio-stuttering). [-xvidencopts max_bframes=0]

Here is an example (using 2-pass encoding):

mencoder source.avi -sws 9 -vf harddup,scale=480:272 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1:vhq=4:turbo:max_bframes=0 -af resample=44100:0:2 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -of rawaudio -o target_PMP.mp3

mencoder source.avi -sws 9 -vf harddup,scale=480:272 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=2:vhq=4:bitrate=768:max_bframes=0 -nosound -o target_PMP.avi

Hope this is useful! I'd like to hear any other options people are using too!

I also have a batch-file that allows multiple videos to be encoded in one go and muxed, let me know if you want it and I'll post it up.

<dbl>
dbl

Post by dbl »

Oh also, I forgot in my previous post, I've also found mp3gain (http://mp3gain.sf.net) to be very useful for normalizing the mp3 audio (making it louder) without causing distortion.

The command line I use for this is:
mp3gain /c /r /s s target_PMP.mp3
(The '/s s' switch is essential to keep the mp3 compatible with pmp_muxer).

Again, hope that helps.

<dbl>
Phuncz

Post by Phuncz »

I converted the new Family Guy and American Dad episodes from avi to pmp format, both are very good quality and skipfree with PMP Simple 0.02 using the 128kbit/512kbit encoding and High Quality enabled. Though one problem: the American Dad episode seemed to reset everytime I paused with [] and resumed with X. The Family Guy episode didn't do this. I have watched a movie before these two and used the pauze/unpauze without this problem.

Fantastic work is going on here. It won't take long before PMP will become the most popular of all homebrew with an easy to use muxing/reencoding program !
artik

Re: PMP Simple Converter 0.02 for memcoder and pmp_muxer

Post by artik »

miemt11 wrote:PMP Simple Converter 0.02 for memcoder and pmp_muxer
Thx miemt11 for the support.

Here is when i'm trying to encode a .mov :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Le fichier spécifié est introuvable
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at PMP_Simple.Form1.EncodePMPbutton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
PMP Simple
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/artik/Bureau/PMP_simple_0.01/PMP%20Simple.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Phuncz

Post by Phuncz »

"Le fichier spécifié est introuvable"

That's the same as my error. Maybe it's because of international setups ?
artik

Post by artik »

Phuncz wrote:"Le fichier spécifié est introuvable"

That's the same as my error. Maybe it's because of international setups ?
Sorry : in english : "file not found"

Yeah, but dunno why we get this message....
daume

Post by daume »

winmenc 0.5x beta is great ! (extreme quality and fast)

but i didnt succeeded in encoding directly with the program a dvd into a .pmp file (maybe it is too long)

i tried many ways of encoding and winmenc last version all in one is to me the best

i have a question if someone can answer (i am noob with resolutions) , so if i have a FULLSCREEN xvid , is 480x272 the good resolution for pmp ?

thanks a lot all
++ all
Phuncz

Post by Phuncz »

daume wrote: i have a question if someone can answer (i am noob with resolutions) , so if i have a FULLSCREEN xvid , is 480x272 the good resolution for pmp ?
No, 480x272 is the original PSP resolution, with an aspect ratio of 16:9 (the screen is 16/16th long and 9/16th high). The correct resolution would be 360x270, which is 4:3. But you can just choose 360x272, it doesn't mather that much (2 pixels).
sti3

Post by sti3 »

I successfully created a .pmp of _Gattaca_ using virtualdubmod (to resize & crop the video, transcode to lower bitrate, AND demux the audio) and PMP muxer and it looks and sounds great. I don't get the blite/sweet thing. I used the "export .wav" function of virtualdubmod, which saves the audio (have to change extension to .mp3) and used dbpoweramp to change sampling frequency to 44.1 from 48. Transcoded video with no audio and used pmp_mux to combine the files. Worked well, and even at a mere 350kbps the video looks quite good.

What I'd love is a mod of pspenc where you can choose either mp4 or pmp. I downloaded the videora but I really like the interface of PSPEnc, much more configurable--no need to create "profiles".

Great work Jonny.

As for .ogg, the non-Mod PMP plays them (though not well).
jonny

Post by jonny »

i'd like to adapt PSPEnc to pmp, but it's really a too big job right now
(actually i'm using an old app i've made, "Enc", i usually do some size prediction tests and after a fixed quant encode - but the target of this app is really restricted to skilled avisynth/vdub users)
ren1010

Issue with VOB conversion to PMP

Post by ren1010 »

Hello there,

Like everyone here in the forum I am very grateful that this application is finally out for everyone to use. It totally breathed new life to my PSP.

Just wanted to ask everyone though if you are having issues successfully converting VOB to PMP with out the audio interference or breakups that happen when the bitrate is too high. I am having a hard time judging how high or low the bitrate is for my ripped vobs.

This is not an issue at all for any of the multimedia files that are already made into divx or xvid just (eg. fansubbed anime)

I have tried all kinds of programs to convert vob to pmp. It works ok on my computer and the audio sounds nice but when transferred to a PSP the audio crackles a lot.

THis happens to most of my VOB, please advise if there is anything I can to alleviate or resolve this issue.

I value all your opinions.

Thanks
ren1010
artik

Post by artik »

fAi_ wrote:WinMenc 0.5x beta with pmp_muxer
http://z12.zupload.com/file.php?filepath=1758

enjoy :)
It rocks, but how create a .pmp ??
it only make .avi lol
Eingang

Post by Eingang »

@Malloc and @Jonny

Since VideoraPMPConverter is here, I would like to make a request for you geniusses !

Could one of you please implement a resize option that resizes the video into the following aspect ratios:

1:2,4
1:2,35
1:1,85
1:1,78
1:1,33

???????????????

So you could just crop and encode the vobs/mpgs into 480x272 and set to correct size with pmp-player......so we could theoretically with 16:9 and even 4:3 get even a better quality, cause full resolution would be compressed to a smaller size..... what do you think ?? Would this be hard to do ?

Next step maybe would be a "Aspect-Bit" that could be setted with the muxer, which is read by pmp-player and sets the movie to this AR automatically. OMG I would love this feature.... Never ever recalculate ....

@Jonnyy
btw any progress in detecting the cause for sound bug ?
jovenaso

Post by jovenaso »

it will be nice if we could play it from a iso file or zip file to sabe some space
sti3

Post by sti3 »

hey jovenaso, zip an .avi and see how much space you save. Generally it's very little.
Theelise

Post by Theelise »

^^?

Well reading from a zip (or any other additional form of compression, rar tar etc) isn't gonna save you much space at all? Mpeg 4 is already a compressed container so zipping it up is not gonna save you any additional space, coz to be honest it cant really be compressed any more than it already is in Mpeg4?

Try it your self Zip up a xvid or divx movie and see how much space you actually save.

Go on, just try it....... ;-)
Theelise

Post by Theelise »

We must have read and posted at the same time... :-)
AZImmortal

Post by AZImmortal »

jovenaso wrote:it will be nice if we could play it from a iso file or zip file to sabe some space
If you've been following the thread, you'll see that the player already has problems playing high bitrate videos, so decompressing on the fly would be impossible, not to mention that the space you'll save from zipping a .pmp file will be negligible.
sti3

Post by sti3 »

Theelise wrote:We must have read and posted at the same time... :-)
The similarity of our wording is downright eerie.
chronomaster5042

Suggestion

Post by chronomaster5042 »

You should make an option to have USB active. Saves some time when switching movies on the go.
saltydog4791

Re: Mencoder Optimized Setting

Post by saltydog4791 »

dbl wrote:After much experimentation I thought I'd share my curent mencoder settings that I'm most pleased with so far.
Nearly all of these have been discovered by others in this thread (full credit to them), I've just collected them all in one place (and in some cases found the mencoder equivalents of virtualdub options).

These settings achieve:

- Scaling using Lanczos algorithm for sharpness. [-sws 9]
- Disable "no data" frames (to prevent 'frame size can't be 0' error). [-vf harddup]
- Widest motion search. [vhq]
- Disable B-frames (In my opinion, the most reliable way to prevent audio-stuttering). [-xvidencopts max_bframes=0]

Here is an example (using 2-pass encoding):

mencoder source.avi -sws 9 -vf harddup,scale=480:272 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1:vhq=4:turbo:max_bframes=0 -af resample=44100:0:2 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -of rawaudio -o target_PMP.mp3

mencoder source.avi -sws 9 -vf harddup,scale=480:272 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=2:vhq=4:bitrate=768:max_bframes=0 -nosound -o target_PMP.avi

Hope this is useful! I'd like to hear any other options people are using too!

I also have a batch-file that allows multiple videos to be encoded in one go and muxed, let me know if you want it and I'll post it up.

<dbl>
I would love to see your batch file. I am sure it's better than my kludgy mess.

Also, kudos to jonny. this is now THE only way to watch video on the PSP.

salty