Some questions : please answer me !!!

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

fouad

Some questions : please answer me !!!

Post by fouad »

Hi everyone, this is my first participation in this great forum, and please anyone know the answers, please answer me...

1/ How can I play VCD on PS2 ? Is there any method ? whats the best method ? and if i cant, is there any method to convert VCDs to known ps2 format ? whats the best method to convert VCD to playable video files on ps2 ?...

2/ How can I make ps2 reality media player loading automatically after insering the CD ? or is there any method at least to delete all other options, and keep only the option : 2-load mediaplayer from the CD ?

3/ How can I load the divx film automatically without pressing READ ? and is there any method to load the film and the subtitles automatically ?

4/ can I do 2 and 3 questions in the same time ? I mean I want to INSERT on my ps2 the film and the player in the same CD, and without choosing nothing, or interrepting, or pressing buttons, automatically the film load the subtitles too, and the movie begin playing after insering the CD ? Is there any solution or methods to do this ?...

5/ When playing PS1 games in my ps2, the screen is not complete, i mean there is a big black part under the image ( actually 2 black boundaries, but the biggest one is the southest ) ? its not like PS1 console, the screen is full and complete...on ps2 this annoy me when playing ps1 games ... is this a problem of the modchip itself ? ( i have a non original messiah 2 modchip,writing on it : DATEL ...
is there any solution to play PS1 games on full screen on ps2 ? or at least make the screen bigger ?
are all PS2 consoles running ps1 games like this ?...

6/ when i play prince of persia, or driver3, i have the option to play the original 2d version of POP, but when i select this my ps2 restart and i see : insert a ps1 or ps2 disc ?!!! :roll: :cry: :x the same with the demo of transformers in driver3, ps2 restart and : insert ps1 or ps2 disc ...

whats the problem ? the problem of the modchip ? the game itself ?...etc and i there any solution ?...

PLEASE please please ...answer my questions...

i think you are professionals, especially participating in a ps2development forum.........plesase professionals ...help me ....please...
MGS3 will be the best game ever !

Post by Guest »

This "Great forum" is a great forum of development...remember this...

There is a tool able to watch 15 min of Vcd, so forget about it, i am not shure for legality of source (wich are unavailable...i think). You can convert in .pss format but haven't tried (convert your vcd => Divx is more easy i think...)

If you want to only launch the mediaplayer, you can take a dedicated memory card,put "ps2media.elf" and boot directly with Mr Brown exploit (replacing Boot.elf). To modify Mcloader (where you click " 2-load mediaplayer from the CD ", ask friendly to Mavy, Hermes or Bigboss for the source of this project so you could maybe modify Mcloader with the tools available here... good luck...

There is an autoload editable text with Ps2reality Mediaplayer, for further information on Ps2mediaplayer, go to www.ps2reality.net

Your modchip is not a messiah, i am shure it s a Neo 2.2 so you have a memory card named DATeL to trick with Cd-r, search more on Mr Brown exploit and Cogswaploader to easy-boot cdr homebrews (Dev only, for piracy support go away, it's at your own risk)

Set your Tv for fullscreen (4/3, 16/9) :lol:

For POP or Driver 3, maybe you need to use the original cd, it will work better...
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

nonono, the problem is that the games he's having trouble with are failing their anti-mod check when loading the retrogame. The problem is the modchip.
fouad

Post by fouad »

zaphod wrote:nonono, the problem is that the games he's having trouble with are failing their anti-mod check when loading the retrogame. The problem is the modchip.
are you sure ?

because my modchip can load any game when replacing the actual game running with another one and restarting the console ...

maybe retro games, are harder to load ?!!
mr bob

Post by mr bob »

whats with all the warez talk? mods must be sleeping.
pixel

Post by pixel »

Well... that's kinda "borderline"...

Some of the questions are okay, some aren't. Don't know what is the best thing to do here.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
fouad

Post by fouad »

Please anyone can tell me how I can contact the GENIUS creators of ps2mediaplayer : bigboss, or hermes, or mavy...
please...

is there any english forum ? another way ?...where and in which forum i can find those genius spain persons...please tell me as soon as possible i am in hurry...

Post by Guest »

Chandler wrote:...for further information on Ps2mediaplayer, go to www.ps2reality.net
Read the answers
fouad

Post by fouad »

Chandler wrote:
Chandler wrote:...for further information on Ps2mediaplayer, go to www.ps2reality.net
Read the answers
i dont speak spanis, so how i can participate to the forum ?
mharris

Post by mharris »

fouad wrote:i dont speak spanis, so how i can participate to the forum ?
This forum at ps2reality is in English. Use Google's translator for the others if you absolutely have to know what's in the others.

They should be able to provide your with much greater support than this forum can, it's their software...
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

Not all modchips are created equal.

Back in the days of the psone this was very common with a protection schemem calle d"libcrypt" which I will not provide the details on. It interacted badly with modchips that couldn't stealth themslelves well enough, and the symptom of this is certain things woudl cause the game to crash. (it also had the side benefit of causing most pirate copies to crash, even with a perfect modchip)

When a game has to load another part seperately, and resets the ps2 to do it, it will perform another protection check, and if the modchip doesn't do the right thing, it will fail, and you'll get that red screen.

Now all of this of course assumes that you are trying to load original or import discs. (You *are* only using this chip for homebrew and imports, right?)

Post by Guest »

And discussions of how modchips work are not appropriate for these
forums. I think we would all be much happier if such discussions did
not occur.

Gorim
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Well personally I'm interested in how modchips work so I can find ways to detect and nullify them. Should that type of discussion be allowed?

Post by Guest »

mrbrown wrote:Well personally I'm interested in how modchips work so I can find ways to detect and nullify them. Should that type of discussion be allowed?
First of all, I applaud your effort do to this, I think its a fantastic thing to do.

However, lets discuss the question you pose in the context of ps2dev forums.

In order to understand how modchips work, it is necessary to understand
how to bypass the PS2 protection mechanisms, since that is what modchips
do.

As you know, discussions on how to bypass PS2 protection mechanisms
have traditionally been verbotten in these forums, for good reasons,
regardless of the goals of the people who bring up these topics.

Your goal, IMHO, is a good one. But say we erase the firm line on
discussions a little, and make an exception. How then do the moderators
know when to moderate and when not to ? This thread is a perfect
example, where several moderators have had some difficulty deciding
and therefore opted on the side of allowing discussion to continue, and
monitor the situation in case things go off the deepend.

As for you, before your apparently recent interest in nullifying modchips,
to what extent would you have chosen to moderate a thread where
methods of bypassing PS2 protection mechanisms began to be discussed ?
From my own observations, I actually believe you would have locked the
thread right at the point the discussion drifted over that line. Perhaps I
am wrong... ?

But regardless, the question remains, when do we know when to stop
certain discussions and when not to ?

Gorim
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

I disagree that we need to discuss PS2 protection mechanisms in order to discuss the detection of modchips. If it's just detection, I know the DMS3 can be detected by grabbing the version number from the chip (I have code to do this, it just pokes a few values at 0xbfc00000 and reads values back out). The same goes for any other modchips that "take over" the BIOS I'm sure there's many ways to determine if things have been patched or if the chip has a signature (didn't the Neo chips put a string somewhere in RAM/ROM?).

Once a chip has been detected, stopping it is pretty much up to the programmer, so that wouldn't warrant a discussion about taboo topics either, IMO.

It's just zaphod's post got me to thinking, because I remember hearing about libcrypt and I know PS2 licensees have asked for a PS2 equivalent before.

But if that topic is too off-topic then I don't have a problem leaving it alone.
"He was warned..."
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Oh sorry, to your other points: I still strongly believe PS2 protection mechanisms and circumvention should not be discussed here.
"He was warned..."
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

gorim wrote:And discussions of how modchips work are not appropriate for these
forums. I think we would all be much happier if such discussions did
not occur.

Gorim
If I gave out any info on how ps2 modchips or any of the mentioned protection checks worked, I'm sorry. I thought i was being careful about what I said.

(and if i did give out significant info, then I'd like a PM containing what it was, as I don't see it. :) )

Post by Guest »

Well, my apologies for stepping on any toes around here. There's more
than enough ppl around here to comment on whats right and wrong without
me getting much involved. :) I expressed my own opinions but please
don't take them too seriously, if you really did anything wrong, someone
else will lock and load. :)
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

Apology accepted. I know i've mentioned more questionable topics before so i was genuinely wondering.